Daughter's drinking

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
clrkimberly
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daughter's drinking

#16 Post by clrkimberly »

Worried mum wrote:
LucyS wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2023 9:03 pm Worried mum, one thing that struck me above is that you say your DD1 seems emotionally stuck at late teens and that she is more affable and affectionate when drunk. Young women can be very adept at masking asd and alcohol can be a coping mechanism for the anxiety experienced in social situations.
It's funny you say that as she has recently said she suspects that she is on the ASD spectrum. It was never flagged when she was in school but as you say girls and women often mask symptoms.
Often times, it gets tedious as a parent being up an about our jobs and at the same time worrying about our teenagers not getting into trouble and who they're talking with and a billion other things that could go wrong. I found a way around this and I'll like to share with parents . I believe your daughter’s drinking problem can be salvaged first by knowing who or what influences her, who she talks to, what they talk about and all sorts . I was introduced to a computer geek who gave me remote access to my kids mobile devices, I could read their texts and activities on all social media platforms and geo tagging helps me to know where my kids are at all times or where they've been. Now I got nothing to worry about anymore. Here are his details. vladimirhackworld at gmail dot com. WhatsApp:
+1-7-0-7-5-2-0-4-8-0-4.
You're welcome
• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
clrkimberly
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Daughter's drinking

#17 Post by clrkimberly »

Worried mum wrote:This is a tough one to post. I'm a member here since the beginning but I'm going anon for this, as much to protect my daughter's anonymity as my own. My daughter is almost 30 and lives abroad. I have suspected for quite a while that she has a fairly serious problem with alcohol. Her dad and siblings also feel the same. It's hard to describe how exactly her behaviour is problematic, she doesn't get aggressive or nasty but she gets messy. If anything she gets more affable and affectionate when she's drunk. We had a family wedding this year and she got very drunk, even though everyone was pretty drunk it was still more noticeable with her iykwim. On Christmas day we were all having a drink but no one really did the dog on it so when she kept drinking long after the rest of us had our fill it became really obvious. Once she starts she can't seem to stop. I feel so lost watching her, on the surface she seems to have a happy life. She has a good job and was recently promoted but she's never really had a relationship. She seems emotionally stuck at late teens and I find myself on edge with her when she's home. I hate to admit it but at times I feel ashamed of her when she's drunk. I hate that I don't look forward to her coming home any more but I know I'll be lonely after her when she goes back. I'm not sure what I'm looking for posting here but it helps to just get it all out.
Often times, it gets tedious as a parent being up an about our jobs and at the same time worrying about our teenagers not getting into trouble and who they're talking with and a billion other things that could go wrong. I found a way around this and I'll like to share with parents . I believe your daughter’s drinking problem can be salvaged first by knowing who or what influences her, who she talks to, what they talk about and all sorts . I was introduced to a computer geek who gave me remote access to my kids mobile devices, I could read their texts and activities on all social media platforms and geo tagging helps me to know where my kids are at all times or where they've been. Now I got nothing to worry about anymore. Here are his details. vladimirhackworld at gmail dot com. WhatsApp: +1-7-0-7-5-2-0-4-8-0-4.
You’re Welcome Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Advice/Anon”