Teenage girl advice

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
ainm2

Re: Teenage girl advice

#31 Post by ainm2 »

They don't sound like nice friends at all, but it is hard to break into new groups - TY could help alright. You mentioned she does activities -is there any social side to any of those that she might be able to get friend groups separate to school?
RDR

#32 Post by RDR »

Another option would be to talk to somewhere like ZestForLife (or similar). I'm pretty they often work with parents rather than directly with the teens. It might be another route to consider (as well as talking to your GP).
honeybell

#33 Post by honeybell »

Sorry if you've addressed this already but would you consider a school move? TY can be a good year to move.
Starryeyedsurprise
Has thanked: 0

#34 Post by Starryeyedsurprise »

Hi worriedmum. My dd started to develop very similar issues to yours at around the same age. I was at a loss. My first point of call was Jigsaw as there is a centre in our home town. They were excellent and counsellor told me to bring DD to GP immediately. My DD then got a CAMHs referral and that was a lifesaver. She is now 20 and has another slip :? but she has been doing brilliantly. Your DD will get better too. GP is your first point. We were lucky, our GP is excellent. Do you have that support? Her friends sound awful and will be absolutely not help to your DD but she will move away from them in time x

Return to “Advice/Anon”