Read something I shouldn't have

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
CockChoker

Re: Read something I shouldn't have

#106 Post by CockChoker »

Someone is bored.
These users thanked the author CockChoker for the post (total 2):
pichetjaneymac
Smoke

#107 Post by Smoke »

CockChoker wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 9:59 am Someone is bored.
Possibly.

But if not and it's true....
Tell them the truth. Why on earth wouldn't you.
Let them believe you or not.
These users thanked the author Smoke for the post:
HeyJude
Paloma

#108 Post by Paloma »

Literally no reason for you not to tell them. Why on earth would you not put them in the full picture?
jammymammy

#109 Post by jammymammy »

I’m fairly sceptical too tbh, how could you not be? Don’t really see the need for anonymity and the Mary.
We were told off earlier for asking questions though.
These users thanked the author jammymammy for the post:
HeyJude
Shining

#110 Post by Shining »

At least speak to your closest friend.
If they are all prepared to dump you over this then they not friends. I understand it is still very hurtful (something similar happened me...where one person became the leader of the group and decided who was in and out...sounds like your Mary might be the same).
HeyJude

#111 Post by HeyJude »

I'm sceptical also...I've been through too many Dora stories along with the other name she has used.

OP I really don't know whether this is genuine or not but it really doesn't make sense. If you are actively journaling, especially about someone who has just been in your house, then the first thing you would do is to continue on!!!

You have also got days of advice here to actually proactively do something about this rather than letting it go on and on. Most people who are anon or otherwise come back and say how they feel about the advice but I haven't seen this, but rather more bits to the story.

If this is genuine then I'm so sorry but you obviously don't have the friends you thought you had, and they sound like a bunch of teenage girls. You have nothing to loose by telling them the truth and tbh I find it hard to believe that every single part of a group that are supposed to be adults would react the same.
These users thanked the author HeyJude for the post (total 3):
VinoSallyCocoRose
Vino

#112 Post by Vino »

I'm skeptical especially since the update and on how the diary was returned.
I'm skeptical because I think anyone can post on the anonymous forum so this isn't necessarily a regular poster. If I'm honest I'm a little suspicious that it's a previous banned poster.
I suppose if the op is genuine and wants further advice the easy solution would be to confirm with an administrator or another forum member it's them posting.
These users thanked the author Vino for the post (total 2):
janeymacHeyJude
Groucho

#113 Post by Groucho »

Vino wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:13 am I'm skeptical especially since the update and on how the diary was returned.
I'm skeptical because I think anyone can post on the anonymous forum so this isn't necessarily a regular poster. If I'm honest I'm a little suspicious that it's a previous banned poster.
I suppose if the op is genuine and wants further advice the easy solution would be to confirm with an administrator or another forum member it's them posting.
:/ not this again
CocoRose

#114 Post by CocoRose »

The 'she was journaling' when I called was what had my radar up, seems so unlikely a scenario to even notice someone doing that from their front door and a bit like a contrived plot from Fair City where they live near each other and work for the same company and have the same close friends.

AI vibe to it.
These users thanked the author CocoRose for the post:
Apple
Cinquecento

#115 Post by Cinquecento »

Groucho wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:14 am
Vino wrote: Fri Aug 25, 2023 11:13 am I'm skeptical especially since the update and on how the diary was returned.
:/ not this again
Aren’t new posters banned? How could one of that pair get back on unless they’re using an old username?
Carmella

#116 Post by Carmella »

Well I am interested in how the conversation panned out. How did they all know and are they just taking her word for it? Without even giving you a chance to speak?

I think if that’s what they are like then you are well shot of them.
Vino

#117 Post by Vino »

Last edited by Vino on Fri Aug 25, 2023 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anon76
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#118 Post by anon76 »

Ladies, i am genuine.

I appreciate all the advice. There is only one friend on the group who I particularly care about. Her and her hubby good friends with us and I would like to preserve that but she seems the most angry about the situation and very much on Mary's side.

I will give it a few days, see if this other friend reaches out to me, if not, I will tell her exactly what was said and my side (she has known me 20 years :/ ) she knows the type of person I am. If she doesn't believe me, it is out of my hands.

I have a small group of core friends who are absolutely devastated for me and have been absolutely amazing to me the past few days. As have all of you here.....thank you all
Sally

#119 Post by Sally »

But, what did Mary tell them?

Last updates I’ve seen you had inadvertently taken her diary but then you returned it without her knowing.
So, what has been said to the group that is so devastating?

Even if she realised you had taken and returned the diary, is that what she said to the group …. “Anon took my diary and read it”.
Is that it?
And now they are angry at you?

And how do you know they are angry? Have you spoken to the other women
II thought from your other posts that you hadn’t but there was obviously some communication in the last 24 hours where you now know they are angry and how angry they are.

I’ll take it at face value that you are a genuine regular poster looking for advice, but there is no real benefit to posting looking for advice and only giving some of the story.
Other posters are giving advice without really knowing what the story is
These users thanked the author Sally for the post (total 3):
AppleVinoHeyJude
luxie

#120 Post by luxie »

Pick up the phone and call whoever the close friend is. Stop putting it off or if you do you’re accepting there is no going back. The longer you leave it the worse it’ll be or seem

Return to “Advice/Anon”