Strange query

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
apache

Re: Strange query

#121 Post by apache »

You can make an application for substituted service to an email, social media or work address if you have one.
Groucho

#122 Post by Groucho »

Shining wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 12:07 pm All I can say is that when I discovered her, very very shortly after that I was blocked from all her SM and for anyone else it's locked down on private. So yes I would say she is aware. On the visa thing, I can guarantee she did not enter as his spouse, partner yes. He's extremely clever and devious and would not do that.

He has one family member living abroad; tried contacting them.
Would a friend snoop around online for you? It seems unlikely from all you've said that he has no online presence, or won't start one up again.
Tobo

#123 Post by Tobo »

Have you got his passport number? Could you report it stolen so it might be cancelled?
It's terrible that a warrant for his arrest can't be issued for being an asshole.
These users thanked the author Tobo for the post:
NDM
Shining

#124 Post by Shining »

apache wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:00 pm You can make an application for substituted service to an email, social media or work address if you have one.
I have never heard of this. What does this mean? I have an email; we used to communicate by same. He stopped responding in March (was the first indication that something was going on)...I'd often have to remind that maintenance was short or late etc.

Just had a quick look...I'm not sure if the local judge would agree. He hasn't used his email (that I can evidence) in over six months. Might be worth a try though...he is just ignoring my messages now but it was a communication channel.
apache

#125 Post by apache »

You can go to the court and say I tried to serve him unsuccessfully by x means, will you give me
Permission to serve him by email or at his work address. Then you get an order in absentia if necessary. They’ll only give him a certain amount of time to mess about before the system will roll on regardless.

Is he a foreign national relying on your marriage for a residence permission?
Shining

#126 Post by Shining »

No he isn't.. he's Irish.
I may have a problem in that I tried to serve him because I can't (I can't doorstep eg). Or possibly that's reason enough to ask for email?
Thank you, definitely worth looking into.

And yes, we've been snooping. He planned this well (imagine planning so deviously in order not to support your own children 😡)
Lady Madonna

#127 Post by Lady Madonna »

It's such a dose, not only are you and your children left short financially but in order to do anything about it you have to incur costs of solicitors etc. It's cold comfort to say karma will catch up with him in the end but really he must be one miserable person on the inside.

I remember years ago a friend had a relative who couldn't trace her estranged husband and was advised that she or her solicitor may have to place an advert in a newspaper and if that didn't get a response it was proof that they had tried to find him but I don't know what the eventual outcome was.
These users thanked the author Lady Madonna for the post:
Shining
Smoke

#128 Post by Smoke »

Whatever about aunts or uncles, irrespective of the quality of the interpersonal relationship dynamics here, i can't get my head around the idea that a granny could just ghost her grandchildren like that.
It's shocking..
Lady Madonna

#129 Post by Lady Madonna »

Smoke wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:25 pm Whatever about aunts or uncles, irrespective of the quality of the interpersonal relationship dynamics here, i can't get my head around the idea that a granny could just ghost her grandchildren like that.
It's shocking..
It happens more than most people realise, in most cases because they blindly believe whatever story they've been spun, it's their loss.
These users thanked the author Lady Madonna for the post (total 2):
SmokeShining
TCR

#130 Post by TCR »

Smoke wrote:Whatever about aunts or uncles, irrespective of the quality of the interpersonal relationship dynamics here, i can't get my head around the idea that a granny could just ghost her grandchildren like that.
It's shocking..
Not shocking to me at all. I’ve seen mil do it.
These users thanked the author TCR for the post:
Smoke
Smoke

#131 Post by Smoke »

They just drop contact completely and go awol for years?
molls

#132 Post by molls »

Shining, it must be a whole new level of infuriating to know he is in Ireland.

I know you need to be careful about what you post, but I wonder if the HM hivemind could be harnessed at all. If you know what part of the country he is likely in could you look for volunteers to look out for him? Or could you name his former employer? Ireland is small, someone here might know him/of him.
These users thanked the author molls for the post:
Deise
Shining

#133 Post by Shining »

Smoke wrote: Wed Sep 20, 2023 3:49 pm They just drop contact completely and go awol for years?
Plenty of fathers do it as I can attest, to their own children. They're probably told they're not let see them by a controlling, crazy mother. Or they're like their son.
Deise

#134 Post by Deise »

I'd love to go on Joe Duffy with a tall tale of finding him for an inheritance 😂.

(Sorry, I know the whole thing is far from funny).

I wonder is there any way he has changed his name? I find it hard to believe that anybody reared in this country can fully go missing, and not keep any contacts up. Not doubting you, just think there has to be a way to trace him.
These users thanked the author Deise for the post:
missy1
Mrs chic

#135 Post by Mrs chic »

I may be very late to this but....

A person who wishes to apply to enforce, maintenance from a person who lives outside of Ireland may apply through the Irish Central Authority for Maintenance Recovery, provided that the country where the other parent lives is:

signed up for the UN Convention. Here is a full list of countries participating in the Convention, or
party to the EC Council Regulation 2009. This includes all EU countries, including the U.K., or the U.S.A.
This service is generally free of charge.

Contact the Central Authority for Maintenance Recovery:
Tel: 01 859-02232

E-mail: mainrecov@justice.ie
These users thanked the author Mrs chic for the post:
NDM

Return to “Advice/Anon”