Strange query

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Shining

Re: Strange query

#61 Post by Shining »

Found his LinkedIn. It states his old job and then career break from April 2023.
So I wonder if he's still employed technically? I might ask that question first of his employer.
HeyJude

#62 Post by HeyJude »

Shining wrote: Sun Apr 23, 2023 11:30 am He has no Irish assets
Did he make pension contributions while being paid here - I presume he at least made PRSI contributions towards a state pension. I would expect that you are entitled to your share of that, regardless of his status in another country as you are still married and a new wife somewhere else does NOT supersede the existing one as polygamy is illegal here. I realise this is some years off but best to be aware of it now.

What would normally happen if you are not receiving maintenance? I would suggest you follow that same path and provide them with any information you have regarding his activities etc.
These users thanked the author HeyJude for the post (total 3):
SmokeapacheShining
Shining

#63 Post by Shining »

Go to court for enforcement. However I would still need an address for it to be served. Could maybe use his old one?
Sickens me all of this! The bloody bare faced cheek of him.
mcmammy2

#64 Post by mcmammy2 »

From a quick google. Saudi law enforces child maintenance for Saudi citizens. Non payment can result in seven years in prison. There are a number of people online asking about cases similar to yours. The advice seems to be talk to a solicitor and that solicitors in Saudi may be best placed to act on your behalf. Definitely getting legal advice seems to be the first step. I would be interested to see what the Irish courts would think of his new marriage. It certainly would not be recognized here and in many other western countries. So his new wife would not be entitled to his assets in many countries. Is the new wife from Saudi? Does this woman have any idea of his family at home?
These users thanked the author mcmammy2 for the post:
HeyJude
Shining

#65 Post by Shining »

I think she is from Saudi and I have no idea if she knows about us. No doubt if she does, she has been spun a yarn.
If he is taking a career break she's supporting him. I'd safely say she possibly has more assets than him!
Come Wine With Me

#66 Post by Come Wine With Me »

Honestly I'd be worried about your safety after hassling the parents and employer of a clearly very unhinged ex.
He's doing his best to disappear and start a new life and the only downside is the money.
I don't know the amounts involved but for me it'd be worth it to have him permanently out of my life .

Maybe it's just me, but I'd be moving on not pursuing him.
These users thanked the author Come Wine With Me for the post (total 2):
CinquecentoNDM
3 DCs aged 7 - 19
Tobo

#67 Post by Tobo »

I've no advice, but Jesus, you're well shot of him if this is the craic he's capable of.
I'm sorry he's made life complicated and stressful for you.
Shining

#68 Post by Shining »

That's a good point Come Wine with Me. He is a very unhinged person when it comes to us. I honestly have never told anyone the extent of what he put me through. I have been threatened in the past.
It might just be worth it to stay ticking along as best we can and divorce him due to his being "missing". It absolutely makes me sick but do I want his wrath?
These users thanked the author Shining for the post (total 4):
Come Wine With MeluxieHeyJudeGroucho
molls

#69 Post by molls »

From the limited stuff you have said, I think he is a psychopath. The ability to be charming as needed but the cold, calculated cruelty beneath it.
These users thanked the author molls for the post:
Come Wine With Me
mcmammy2

#70 Post by mcmammy2 »

He sounds like a sociopath alright. The poor woman who is now entangled with him.
These users thanked the author mcmammy2 for the post:
Tinky
Tinky

#71 Post by Tinky »

It’s a point CWWM but if my ex was to disappear it wouldn’t just be about the money he is my children’s other legal guardian for the passports and probably more but I guess that stuff can be got round although from experience I know it’s not that straightforward even when you want rid of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Come Wine With Me

#72 Post by Come Wine With Me »

Tinky wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:29 pm It’s a point CWWM but if my ex was to disappear it wouldn’t just be about the money he is my children’s other legal guardian for the passports and probably more but I guess that stuff can be got round although from experience I know it’s not that straightforward even when you want rid of them.

Men like her ex get violent when they don't get their way (especially if she's perceived to be trying to embarrass him to his parents and employer when he's decided he's moved on to his 'new' family).

Lots of men also disappear permanently from their children's lives and passport forms still get filled out.

He sounds like a dangerous psychopath. If the OP were my friend or sister I would not want her hassling him, I'd want him gone.
These users thanked the author Come Wine With Me for the post (total 2):
Cinquecentoluxie
3 DCs aged 7 - 19
Shining

#73 Post by Shining »

God I forgot about the guardian thing.
These users thanked the author Shining for the post:
Groucho
Cinquecento

#74 Post by Cinquecento »

Come Wine With Me wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:33 pm
Tinky wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:29 pm It’s a point CWWM but if my ex was to disappear it wouldn’t just be about the money he is my children’s other legal guardian for the passports and probably more but I guess that stuff can be got round although from experience I know it’s not that straightforward even when you want rid of them.

Men like her ex get violent when they don't get their way (especially if she's perceived to be trying to embarrass him to his parents and employer when he's decided he's moved on to his 'new' family).

Lots of men also disappear permanently from their children's lives and passport forms still get filled out.

He sounds like a dangerous psychopath. If the OP were my friend or sister I would not want her hassling him, I'd want him gone.
This. Word for word. I would not draw this man on me. I know it’s crap about the money and it’s easy for me to say but it’s equally easy for people to advise trying to track him down or his employer or his family. That has potentially far more serious consequences than losing money.
These users thanked the author Cinquecento for the post (total 2):
SeanTheSheepluxie
Sally

#75 Post by Sally »

Come Wine With Me wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 9:33 pm

I’d agree.

In your situation, I think I wouldn’t take another step without getting some good solid legal advice.
If his employers need to be contacted, lawyers can do that on your behalf, and are more likely to be taken notice of.

I assumed he’d gone to someplace like Saudi, when you mentioned polygamy… not particularly known for respecting womens rights, so I can’t imagine their laws will be too strong in terms of settling dispute with a previous wife back in Ireland.
On that basis, I’d assume that financially, he’s gone. :(
If any monies do materialise from legal discussion, great, but I’d start with assuming nothing.

And, with that assumption, I think the focus now should be on trying to figure out what state supports you are entitled to , or additional supports. Or if/how the shortfall in money can be compensated for.

Also, if you need to start demonstrating to the state that he’s gone, it’s probably important to start making that known e.g. if you will eventually need to apply for divorce based on his absence for X period of time, you will want to start the clock ticking on that, by having some proof of a discussion with a lawyer, or discussion with SW Dept or whoever.

You’ve been left in a shitty situation, no doubt.
Hopefully a lawyer will have good advice for you and you can find your way through
These users thanked the author Sally for the post (total 3):
HeyJudeCome Wine With MeGroucho

Return to “Advice/Anon”