DS and anxiety

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
ali

Re: DS and anxiety

#31 Post by ali »

Wispa does the school know how he is feeling?, just he is going into jc and some of the teachers, (in ds school anyway) they were over the top with the jc, started in sept saying how much study/exams etc, totally over the top. Do you think he would be able to sit the jc or is it going to be too much for him. The jc really means nothing overall, he can continue into the higher classes not having sat it so it might be better to make a decision on it sooner as it might help him go in if he knew that exam was off the table.
TCR

#32 Post by TCR »

I’m looking at not sending dd3 back full time. Trying to meet her principal.
At the minute I’m not sure if she will even be able to go to one class. I’ve told her she doesn’t have to go full time but not sure what to do for the best.
You have my sympathy. This is totally new territory for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wispa

#33 Post by Wispa »

Honeybell that’s exactly it, he’s introverted and likes to set his own pace which I understand (his dad is a total extrovert and doesn’t :/ ).
Ali the school are aware and were great last year, just realised he has the same year head this year so won’t have to go over everything. Tbh at this stage I’d prefer him to do the jc and then call it a day with school, he’s probably going to do an apprenticeship so just need to get to that stage.
TCR sorry you are going through similar, know it’s no help but consoling in a way that it’s not just us x
These users thanked the author Wispa for the post:
TCR
Starryeyedsurprise
Has thanked: 0

#34 Post by Starryeyedsurprise »

Wispa, has he decided he would like to leave after JC and do an apprenticeship? My DD sat, I would say 2 subjects for the JC exam. She was very unwell with anxiety/depression. She is 19 now and thriving. She did her LC. She did have fantastic help from CAMHS. What I am saying, JC means nothing. If he doesn't do it, no big deal if he is going to continue with LC. Not sure about an apprenticeship and JC requirements. How is he now? xx
These users thanked the author Starryeyedsurprise for the post:
Wispa
Wispa

#35 Post by Wispa »

Most probably an apprenticeship which as far as I know he’ll need a JC for. Talking today then about TY and leaving then but wouldn’t go in yesterday so not sure what that’s about.

Return to “Advice/Anon”