Joy-less all the time.

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Novbaby31

Re: Joy-less all the time.

#16 Post by Novbaby31 »

worth talking to your GP and getting their input. What you are describing could be a number of things including depression, burn out, anxiety as well as hormones. Whilst it is common to feel like this it is not normal. And likely can be helped and changed with the right input, whether that is medication or therapy or rest or whatever is appropriate. I agree with Lady Madonna that a lot of this stage of our lives is subject to the tyranny of meals, school pick up nd drop offs, laundry, grocery shopping, etc which can feel relentless, however it should be balanced by some fun and lightness in other areas. if you are not feeling that even when you are away from the mundane then asking for help sounds like a good next step.
Shining

#17 Post by Shining »

I agree with speaking to your GP and I'm genuinely sorry you're going through this. It could be many things but as I know myself having that chat coukd lead to many things, including your feeling better. Xx
These users thanked the author Shining for the post:
elizaDoo
rosepetal

#18 Post by rosepetal »

StarryNight wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:25 pm
Iamsoneedy wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 10:22 pm
No1 babe wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 8:44 pm Hormones . That’s the cause of your joy-less ness.
Doctor for bloods to see if you are lacking in anything
Not necessarily. What the OP describes sounds like depression to me. Please go to your GP. It might be menopause, it might not be. It isn’t the source of all problems.
Completely agree.
The menopause/peri menopause seems to be the current catch all for women in their late 30s onwards. I had a health issue recently and someone said it was "textbook" peri menopause. It wasn't. I needed a course of medication.
Absolutely, it might or might not be hormones, only by going to the GP will she find out. No one can diagnose over the internet, just give their experience. I think though that the reason for menopause being the 'current catch all' is at least partly because for many years women were routinely put on antidepressants, or dismissed, when in actual fact their depression or anxiety was due to declining hormones. So now many women are aware of this, and have had their lives changed by hormone treatment, and they are keen to spread the word and hopefully help others.
These users thanked the author rosepetal for the post (total 2):
callalilyOddSox

Return to “Advice/Anon”