Internet history

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Internet history

#1 Post by Guest »

I just realised I posted this in the wrong section so it won't get seen. I'm putting it in here too so it'll pop up in active topics.

I don't really know how better to describe this, but it's not really about the history.

One of my kids has a fairly unusual name. I just noticed under google images it's all her stuff that pops up; not only her FB profile picture which is fine, school photos (also okay), but also everything she's pinned to Pinterest. If you look at Google images it gives a very definite profile of exactly what her interests are as well as what she looks like. I'm a little concerned at so much being so open. She's unpinning from Pinterest but I wondered if she made a relatively minor name change on FB and on Pinterest would that stop everything popping up under her name? I was thinking something like changing her first name to initials or something similar.

Does anyone know the best way to sort this out? She's not happy with so much about her being easily accessed. It's all innocuous and nothing to be ashamed of but it shows exactly what all her interests are and its much more than would be on display if I googled my name or any of the other kids.
jagg

Re: Internet history

#2 Post by jagg »

I changed my name into Irish, would that help?
Lady Madonna

#3 Post by Lady Madonna »

I've seen people on fb lately switching their first and second initial eg. Bictoria Veckham. Others put a space in it such as Vic toria
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#4 Post by Guest »

If I do that, though, will it be enough or will all the old stuff still come up under her name? We were going to do it to protect future stuff but I'm afraid her accounts might still be linked since they're opened under her gmail which is her name.

It's not important enough to approach google over, there's nothing bad in it, but just we'd both prefer that if she's searched for, there'd be a little less personal stuff.

Return to “Advice/Anon”