Meeting someone after breakup

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
EmilyBronte

Re: Meeting someone after breakup

#76 Post by EmilyBronte »

Love that too Betty. It really is true.
wuzziwig

#77 Post by wuzziwig »

Jagg it makes me sad that you feel like this. Your ex is an arsehole and 100% responsible for his own behaviour. You come across as a lovely person and also very level headed. And if you are happy on your own then that's fantastic. But don't let your ex put you off dating again if that's what you want to do.

We are all strong women who don't need men in our lives, we've proven that by surviving all we've been through.But it does feel good to know that you are special to someone and loved for just being who you are.
These users thanked the author wuzziwig for the post (total 2):
TinkyGroucho
Tinky

#78 Post by Tinky »

Stalker update - he is where he said he was going to be so slightly ashamed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Tinky for the post (total 3):
DeiseGrasscutterGerbera
Deise

#79 Post by Deise »

Ah, that's not stalker behaviour Tinky, it's self protection, and I'd be concerned for you going forward if you didn't doubt him a little bit.
These users thanked the author Deise for the post:
Tinky
SpottyLotty

#80 Post by SpottyLotty »

Tinky wrote:Cool, I've zero expectations, was only looking for a fun night out with someone new and if that looks unlikely to happen then he's history. Will keep you posted if he's a BS artist or not. I do find it hard to believe someone would spend time making up lies and wasting their time when they don't even know the person, in a relationship sadly yes but it is so far removed from anyone I've ever met in my life.

This guy has said he was available any night except Wednesday as he takes his kids out that night and it was me being awkward with days and times or at least that's what it felt like. Anyway eyes are opened and I will see. It's almost adding to the fun to see if I can suss out if he's a total player or not now :crazy1:
Holy fuck, it's my Ex. He has DD on wednesdays!!
Stay away woman, stay away :lol: :lol: :lol:
These users thanked the author SpottyLotty for the post:
Tinky
Tinky

#81 Post by Tinky »

Anyone interested in an update on my post break up getting back out there life? I should start a blog.

So, all was very quiet with the guy I mentioned, he's on holiday and we never did manage to talk before he left, I'd pretty much given up on him. Anyway he rings me out the blue this morning, we had a lovely chat like we'd known each other ages - he wasn't what I expected, let's put it this way I was expecting someone more refined, professional given his job and content of his text (full sentences, grammar - swoon) if that makes any sense but he's definitely not, seems a lot younger than he said but could be a lot of fun and very relaxed. Totally believe him on the tooth thing. Dying to find out why he's single (if he is before you all tell me to not believe a word)!

In the meantime I'm being pursued by a 30 yo! FFS. I matched with him as his profile said 39 and even then I was laughing to myself. By the 4th message he wanted to be honest and told me his age, likes women a bit (in my case a good bit)! older but no one would be interested if he had 30 on the profile. He seems lovely but no I just couldn't.
These users thanked the author Tinky for the post (total 5):
Driven DementedDeiseGrasscutterDazedandConfusedOverthere
Bimble

#82 Post by Bimble »

Great update!
Groucho

#83 Post by Groucho »

I am following this with great interest - what an update, Tinky! And yes, you should most definitely start a blog.

Jagg & Newbody - you are great women who unfortunately met selfish assholes. No reflection on you or how much you gave of yourselves with very little given back. Please don't think that way. You both come across as fab people who I think would be great women to know IRL. What befuddles me - regularly - is how amazing, intelligent women like you and the other girls on here, with so much to offer, find it hard to meet nice guys, while the ex-assholes pick someone else up at the drop of a hat. There is no justice is there.
These users thanked the author Groucho for the post (total 3):
TinkyBimblewuzziwig
wuzziwig

#84 Post by wuzziwig »

Great update Tinky. Did he set a date to meet? I'm ridiculously excited about this!! :biggrin:
Tinky

#85 Post by Tinky »

You can all live vicariously through my highs and lows! Yes we’ve been chatting loads via text and about 3 x by phone, I’m looking everywhere for red flags but he seems really cool and normal, very open about himself and I’ve been grilling him. Meeting Friday and I’m excited too. It’s all about the pheromones at the end of the day though! If it’s not there you can’t force it imo.

My gut says he’s a good one but my head says cop on you can’t be that lucky to meet someone nice the 1st time you try and even when you weren’t even bothered especially with all the horror stories above. My head probably needs a good slap though.

These users thanked the author Tinky for the post:
NDM
Deise

#86 Post by Deise »

Ah, go with it Tinky, the whole flirtation and deciding to enjoy it is a huge part of getting back out there. Roll on Fri, 6 sleeps (i.e. 7 sleeps 'til we get an update. :lol: )
These users thanked the author Deise for the post:
Tinky
Tinky

#87 Post by Tinky »

You are right the flirtation thing is the best fun! I’ll give you all an update but I am slightly concerned with it being Ireland that he will be recognisable or worse a HM’s ex. It is absolutely possible.

DazedandConfused

#88 Post by DazedandConfused »

Sounds promising Tinky. I really really hope it works out well for you.
These users thanked the author DazedandConfused for the post:
Tinky
Deise

#89 Post by Deise »

Just tell us his red car was pink or something, throw us off the scent, it'll be grand.
wuzziwig

#90 Post by wuzziwig »

Tinky your gut can be right and yes you can be lucky to find a good one straight away. I knew from first contact that my partner was special and when I met him I had a fair idea that it would go somewhere. Here I am over 4 years later all loved up. :inlove: :biggrin:

Just go with it, meet with an open mind and if it's not to be I'm sure it will give your confidence a big boost. Go have some fun girl!
These users thanked the author wuzziwig for the post (total 2):
TinkyNDM

Return to “Advice/Anon”