Seeing someone with a large age gap - younger man/older woman

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Smoke

Re: Seeing someone with a large age gap - younger man/older woman

#46 Post by Smoke »

Older men with younger women is as old as the hills.
Some even have 2nd families when they meet younger women after being with somebody their own age and having adult children.
It doesn't work the other way around.
I'd worry for my young son if he found himself with an older partner who couldn't have children. He can always change his mind I suppose, as he has those decades. But emotionally it'd be hard to turn around to a partner approaching retirement age and telling them you're leaving because you want a family of your own. Which is also a situation I know personally know of. Tough situation all around after 20 years together..
It's very conflicting..
Cinquecento

#47 Post by Cinquecento »

DazedandConfused wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:14 pm Do you think? I reckon there would be more disaproval where the woman is older
Yes. Very little disapproval in the Macron case. If it were a 39-year-old man dating a 15 year old girl there would be.
Amarach

#48 Post by Amarach »

Cinquecento wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:29 pm
DazedandConfused wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 4:14 pm Do you think? I reckon there would be more disaproval where the woman is older
Yes. Very little disapproval in the Macron case. If it were a 39-year-old man dating a 15 year old girl there would be.
I've always that creepy especially as they met in the context where she was his teacher
Cinquecento

#49 Post by Cinquecento »

Amarach wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:47 pm
I've always that creepy especially as they met in the context where she was his teacher
It’s very creepy
These users thanked the author Cinquecento for the post:
Smoke
Smoke

#50 Post by Smoke »

Amarach wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2023 5:47 pm
Just reading about it there. When his parents complained and asked her to stop (when he was 16!😳) she pushed back and basically said no.
Mrs chic

#51 Post by Mrs chic »

Why would you deny yourself some fun and happiness
Enjoy it day by day and let it transpire how it will.
If you fall for him and end up hurt you will have to lick your wounds and be content to move on.
If it works out (and only time will tell) you will be glad you took the chance on it.
As for work - as it gets more serious it would be best to move jobs (one or other of you)
Best of luck
Angied

Seeing someone with a large age gap - younger man/older woman

#52 Post by Angied »

My Mam was 18 years older than my Dad, they met in London in 1970, Mam was 41 and Dad was only 23.
They weren’t together long when she got pregnant so they got married, she had me at 42 and my sister at 45, it lasted until he suddenly passed away when he was 60 and she passed away last year at 94,

she always looked much younger than her age and young in her ways of thinking, many times told me in her head she was still in her 20’s
There was a huge amount of people who were totally shocked at her age at her funeral,
I honestly don’t know how I’d feel if it was ds that met an older woman (he’s 27) but I suppose it wouldn’t be shocking to me.

At the end of the day if you’re both happy I think it’s irrelevant what anyone else thinks
We only have one life and if you make each other happy just go with it and enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Angied for the post (total 7):
Mrs YarnTwin mum+1SmokeGrasscutterpartyof5CathyD and one more user

Return to “Advice/Anon”