Anxiety and boy trying to get in contact with her

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
LucyS

Re: Anxiety and boy trying to get in contact with her

#16 Post by LucyS »

WorriedAboutDD wrote:He began to post nasty messages into the exchange group chats about how the group were all a- holes etc
Then the next week he posted a photo of a gun saying he had just acquired it.
This alone is reason to report it to the Gardaí. Absolutely report it for all the reasons EB outlined above.
These users thanked the author LucyS for the post:
Scorpio

Unnamed Poster 8

#17 Post by Unnamed Poster 8 »

Post Deleted

Rita

#18 Post by Rita »

Definitely go to the gardai. This is harassment..it is not normal behaviour from a person.
Your poor daughter..if she didnt have anxiety before she certainly would now.

MonkeyBars

#19 Post by MonkeyBars »

the guards will advise whether to put in a formal complaint or just to keep it on file. if you keep it on file
it’s kust notes that this happened but they won’t contact him - then if he contacts her again they’ll have a note of the previous offenence
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

yummydesserts

#20 Post by yummydesserts »

I had reason to contact the guards once about a guy and my daughter, there was a community garda for the area and I spoke to him and he made a few discreet enquiries and ended up having a word with the parents and the lad himself, although he might have been younger than what you are dealing with. To this day my daughter doesn't even know I did it but I was worried and about his own mental health too as well as her.

Swoon

#21 Post by Swoon »

YD i was thinking the same. I'd be concerned that his mental health is not what it should be which is why I'd be concerned about your dd iykwim. It's definitely harassment.

Thatgirlcandance
Has thanked: 0

#22 Post by Thatgirlcandance »

elizaDoo wrote:Read your post and didn’t want to not respond. This is a very sensitive issue for your Daughter and not completely unfounded. Would if be worth contacting your local Garda station and asking their advice. She is being stalked in my opinion, and has grounds to at least flag him to the Gardai. I understand she doesn’t want to but it’s in her best interest to have him made known to the Gardai. Awful situation for any young girl to be in.
I agree with this. Your daughter is being stalked. You need to go to the Guards.

Jenna

#23 Post by Jenna »

WorriedAboutDD wrote:
My daughter was very upset thinking he would follow her home and kill/ hurt her. I realise this is the anxiety talking and we managed to rationalise it.

She is her roaring crying now again thinking he is coming yo get her. I know this is irrational but at the same time this guy is following her around.
She is anxious and fearful for good reason. It's not irrational. It's not just the 'anxiety talking' as you put it. Your daughter is being stalked in a very frightening and concerning manner. Go to the Gardaí, no question, it needs to be taken seriously.
These users thanked the author Jenna for the post:
Unnamed Poster 8

EmilyBronte

#24 Post by EmilyBronte »

Is there any chance the OP could update. I’ve been thinking about your dd and hoping things are ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WorriedAboutDD
Been thanked: 0

#25 Post by WorriedAboutDD »

I did post again on page 1 there to say that this is renewed contact after a few months of quiet.
I spoke to DD and asked her had she ever categorically told him to leave her be. Another friend of hers got her "dad" to tell him to leave off and seems that was the last she heard from him. My DD asked the other girl that this weekend.

I really do think that he has no real concept of social norms , and that with the gun pic etc he is trying to be edgy and cool but failing in that he just freaks people out.

All is quiet since those 2 attempted contacts. She seems a lot calmer. For example, I told her thst there is no chance another boy would stand to be repeatedly stabbed with a compass and not throw a punch or something.

I have offered her to go to the police and she has said she will think about it. She has kept screen shots of it all anyway.

She is back to worrying about exams now instead!

WorriedAboutDD
Been thanked: 0

#26 Post by WorriedAboutDD »

Update: DD refused to go to the police in case this inflamed him.
Every time a motorbike passed she was convinced it was him following her.
She was upset going to a concert at the 3 Arena in case he bombed it.
I am trying to reassure her that this won't happen.
She has built him up to me as some sort of hacker and psycho to the point where I am starting to feel paranoid.

With being at home and now school being off, DD needs something to worry about. I realise that sounds mean but I think that this guy is just a focus point for her anxiety.

She was looking him up regularly on Instagram to see when he was last on, checking his WhatsApp photo constantly.
I didn't realise but on Instagram the person can see who viewed them. She viewed from a 3rd account she has and he messaged her from a third account he has :rolleyes:
I had enough at that stage and I messaged him saying that he was to stop contacting her that it was upsetting her and we were taking note of all contacts.
DD went bananas when an hour later he deleted all his social media accounts.
I said that this was him reacting to my message, a message from an adult asking him to desist- not the actions of someone going postal and going to shoot up a school.

She was then convinced he was hacking her Instagram. It turned out it was some app she was using.
Then she started checking my Instagram and who had logged in. I don't use Instagram. There was a log in from a device and now she is convinced he is hacking MY Instagram.
It's getting ridiculous. I said she was not allowed in my Instagram. I follow 3 people and I never use it. He is welcome to hack it.
Honestly, I don't know what to think any more.
She has been checking up on him a lot, and while she is not contacting him like he is her, I don't think he is anything other than a teen who has grown up in an internet generation who don't understand what is normal in terms of contacting people. Yes he is ott and odd but I don't believe he is going to drive by and shoot her or bomb her school like she believes.

This may seem dismissive and I hope I am right, but like conspiracy theories somewhere you wonder if there is some truth behind it. However when faced with a girl who has "had" cancer, weils disease, corona virus, a broken spine and used to call me at work 20 km away every time she heard an ambulance in case it was me, I just get sceptical about it all.

If anyone can recommend anything to help her deal with anxiety, I would be grateful.

Return to “Advice/Anon”