Re: sexual assault

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Topic
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#1 Post by Topic »

I posted here under the name distraught, I have tried numerous times to reply to my original post regarding my daughter and what’s been happening, I have no idea why my posts aren’t appearing or why they aren’t being allowed

My dd is doing ok, we got the all clear on all her tests from SATU today
She has also given her statement
I spoke to my brother and he loaned me a small amount of money, so we managed to pull together to have a Christmas.

I can’t remember how much I’ve said in my missing posts but dd is doing ok, I’m back working and dh is going to try go back once new year is over

Thanks for all the advice and links

I tried contact VdeP and was told they weren’t taking anymore cases until after Christmas unless it was an emergency, so I just left it , we managed without them
angrybird

Re: Re: sexual assault

#2 Post by angrybird »

I’m not sure whats going on as I have no posts waiting for approval for your other thread. Glad to hear your DD is doing better and her tests were all clear.
DS1- 13
DS2-11
DS3- 9
DD- 8
molls

#3 Post by molls »

Thanks for updating here. Well done on speaking to your brother, getting back to work and making Christmas happen. That's so much. We are all thinking of you and your daughter.
twinfun

#4 Post by twinfun »

Thinking of your daughter and your family and glad you managed a Christmas together x
Shining

#5 Post by Shining »

Thinking of you and your dd.
DiscoGirl

#6 Post by DiscoGirl »

Thinking of you all xx
Better

#7 Post by Better »

It’s been 10mths since my daughter was raped, she is doing ok, she is suffering from PTSD and has up and down days, her highs are very high ( hyper ) and her lows are awful, but she is so brave , she mentions the assault sometimes but not too often

She returned to school this week which is a huge step as she didn’t return after the assault, it was just too much, so she has missed a lot of school.

She has refused almost all counselling as she is not ready to talk about it to anyone ( except snippets to us )
Although TUSLA have offered various avenues to her, and those offers will be there for her if and when she’s ready

We are no further along with the case, but we do know that cases like this can take a long time to come to court, but the guards caught them, so it’s just a matter of waiting

Snapmaps proved where she was taken and a friend screenshot her position on the map as she was worried my daughter was no where near home and was worried , sometimes social media apps are worth their wait in gold.

So that’s it for now, thanks for all the replies on my original post, they helped a lot at a time when our world was falling apart.
molls

#8 Post by molls »

Thanks for thinking to update us. I hope the routine of school will help your daughter, and all the family, feel better.

I suspect that you are still, naturally, hyper-alert to your daughter's mood. That is an exhausting job, so I hope you have some outlets for yourself, be it counselling or an activity that just gives you a break.
These users thanked the author molls for the post:
Groucho
Better

#9 Post by Better »

molls wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:57 pm Thanks for thinking to update us. I hope the routine of school will help your daughter, and all the family, feel better.

I suspect that you are still, naturally, hyper-alert to your daughter's mood. That is an exhausting job, so I hope you have some outlets for yourself, be it counselling or an activity that just gives you a break.
Thank you
I have been to a counsellor , I found her very helpful, especially in how to speak to my daughter and how to react to her extreme highs and lows … and yes hyper- alert is a perfect way to describe how we are with her
Every day has been a learning experience, all we can do is love her and let her know we are here for her know matter what
RDR

#10 Post by RDR »

It was very thoughtful of you to update us. I'm glad that there are little steps forward and hope that keeps going. It sounds so tough for you both.
These users thanked the author RDR for the post:
Driven Demented
Shining

#11 Post by Shining »

Thank you for the update. I feel like my words are wholly inadequate but so much to your daughter and you ❤
mrsfudge

#12 Post by mrsfudge »

Sweet divine Jesus, your poor daughter . What a horrific thing to happen to her and to you all by extension. I hadn't seen your post but my heart goes out to you and your daughter. I have a 17 year old daughter myself.
I hope she gets on well in school and in returning to her life. Don't give that bastard the chance to ruin it . Best wishes to you all making a new start and going into the new year
tippexile

#13 Post by tippexile »

I'm so sorry your daughter went through such a horrific experience. It's every woman's and every parent's worst nightmare. I really hope that she gets the justice she deserves and that miserable excuse of a human rots in jail very soon. I also hope that she finds her way through this and can enjoy her life again.
Lexie20

#14 Post by Lexie20 »

Was thinking of this recently. It will take time, but she will be ok.
mrsfudge

#15 Post by mrsfudge »

Would your daughter be more open to online counselling or phone services like Childline? Maybe its the face to face that she's not keen on. Just a thought.

Return to “Advice/Anon”