My daughter was sexually assaulted

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
RDR

Re: My daughter was sexually assaulted

#31 Post by RDR »

Distraught wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:27 pm
I don’t think I could ring Vincent de paul, there are others who are more needy, we have jobs just no money in the short term
And that's exactly what they're there for. Please do. You and your family are as worthy of support as any other family.

I know it is of no use to you but I am shocked at the lack of support available to your daughter. I had never ever considered that a RCC would not deal with a teenager. I am glad that others have been able to give you other options to contact.

molls

#32 Post by molls »

Please don't feel guilty about asking SDVP for help when you need it. When you are back on your feet financially you can donate to them.

notonthefence

#33 Post by notonthefence »

RDR wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:35 pm
Distraught wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:27 pm
I don’t think I could ring Vincent de paul, there are others who are more needy, we have jobs just no money in the short term
And that's exactly what they're there for. Please do. You and your family are as worthy of support as any other family.

I know it is of no use to you but I am shocked at the lack of support available to your daughter. I had never ever considered that a RCC would not deal with a teenager. I am glad that others have been able to give you other options to contact.
I would second this. Please contact the SVDP. When times are better you can donate to them and in turn help another family in crisis.
I too am shocked at the lack of support available for teenagers and their families in such a horrendous situation.

Woolly

#34 Post by Woolly »

I have a iPhone here that you are very welcome to take. It’s not new but might at least do for a while. Please pm me. I’m in meath but willing to travel.

I second the SVdP we were helped by them in our darkest hours. You have many many years to give back so take the help you need now.

I’m so sorry you are all going through this.
These users thanked the author Woolly for the post (total 2):
mollsBally

feebiefoo

#35 Post by feebiefoo »

Hi OP, I mentioned this above but just in case it was missed, please contact ASSC, they work with children under 16 who have been SA'd. You can email them at [email protected] and they will get back to you. Their Advocacy Support staff can provide support/guidance.

I have some experience in this area, feel free to pm me.

https://assc.ie/contact/

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author feebiefoo for the post:
RDR

Carmella

#36 Post by Carmella »

Ring St.Vincent DePaul, you can give back when you have it. They would be happy to help you.

Do you have an employee assistance programme? They offer free counselling to family members, teenagers too. You can also ring pieta house if you think she is in danger, they will help you.

purple star

#37 Post by purple star »

Just on EA, ours only deals with adult children o18. I'm not sure what age op dd is.
Sorry this has happened. Loads of advice here, please contact someone and get help.

Return to “Advice/Anon”