My dd(17) is pregnant

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
handypandy
Has thanked: 0

Re: My dd(17) is pregnant

#91 Post by handypandy »

I work in a maternity unit and have experience in this procedure so please pm me if you want any reassurance . It is an easy physical process but as you are already experiencing the emotional / psychological aspect can be intense!!
oh and as the mother to two girls, one of a similar age to your dd I would like to congratulate you on the amazing job that you are doing supporting your daughter !! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
These users thanked the author handypandy for the post (total 15):
SallyHokeypokeyRDRHeyJudeSmokeDeise and 9 more users
notonthefence

#92 Post by notonthefence »

handypandy wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 2:11 pm I work in a maternity unit and have experience in this procedure so please pm me if you want any reassurance . It is an easy physical process but as you are already experiencing the emotional / psychological aspect can be intense!!
oh and as the mother to two girls, one of a similar age to your dd I would like to congratulate you on the amazing job that you are doing supporting your daughter !! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
Indeed, hat off OP. You have been amazing
Nessa

#93 Post by Nessa »

GerryG2 wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 11:46 am
My other best friend found herself pregnant in college, traveled to the UK and says she’s no regrets but she does think about it that one time a year, to acknowledge it happened. There is no right or wrong, it’s a choice and thank god we now have choice in Ireland to make informed decisions

Thinking of you both xx
So glad to hear she had a Dr who handled her visit with care and kindness. That's exactly what you all need right now.

GerryG2 makes a very important point. Unfortunately there is, for some people, shame/guilt/what if/if only, when they choose a termination as the right choice for them and I believe it needs to be acknowledged and not be afraid to. I don't mean constantly or even regularly harping back to it but when needed I believe it needs to be acknowledged as otherwise it becomes something that was 'wrong' a or a 'shameful secret' - and it is neither.
I have someone close to me who had one many many years ago and when the occasion arises - usually from her - we acknowledge it and what she went through and it gives her comfort.
These users thanked the author Nessa for the post (total 2):
GerryG2HeyJude
Heartbroken
Been thanked: 0

#94 Post by Heartbroken »

So today is the day.
I feel sick to my stomach. I’ve so many worries going through my head. Will she be ok? Will it pass ok for her? She is still a baby in so many ways. I don’t think she realises the extent of what’s going on and that upsets me so, so much.
Will this change her forever or will she in time get back to feeling herself?
She was sick last night and very tired so it has really hit home that she is pregnant.
I wish it was this day next week .
StarryNight

#95 Post by StarryNight »

Op hope you and your daughter are doing OK.
Driven Demented

#96 Post by Driven Demented »

I hope today went as well as it could.
These users thanked the author Driven Demented for the post:
princessfi
Nodrog

#97 Post by Nodrog »

I hope your daughter is doing okay and not in too much pain or distress.
Sep08

#98 Post by Sep08 »

Hope all went OK today and both you and your DD are coping.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Gypsy

#99 Post by Gypsy »

I hope she and you are okay this evening.

For some people there is very little emotional impact, where I live people have been able to access free and safe terminations for as long as they remember. It doesn't come up in conversation a lot but it has at times and there are many many people who have terminated pregnancies for varied reasons and it in no way defines them. It is a medical procedure that they had. Not saying it is nothing but for a lot of people it just is part of their story. If it was my DD I would feel like you.
These users thanked the author Gypsy for the post (total 2):
Sep08Cinquecento
Cinquecento

#100 Post by Cinquecento »

Gypsy wrote: Fri Dec 16, 2022 8:44 pm I hope she and you are okay this evening.

For some people there is very little emotional impact, where I live people have been able to access free and safe terminations for as long as they remember. It doesn't come up in conversation a lot but it has at times and there are many many people who have terminated pregnancies for varied reasons and it in no way defines them. It is a medical procedure that they had. Not saying it is nothing but for a lot of people it just is part of their story. If it was my DD I would feel like you.
I agree. And it probably has a lot to do with choices being available in most countries for years.

It’s all about what’s right for the girl/woman. I’d hope mine at that age would choose to terminate but equally I’d be there every step of the way should either of them choose not to.
pichet

#101 Post by pichet »

Op. Thinking of you tonight, hope all went ok for you and your dd. Its never an easy decision bit glad she has a supportive GP and she has access to choices in this country.
We have had 2 unplanned pregnancies on my extended family. Both made different decisions and there have been positive and negative consequences for both. Its never easy. Be kind to yourself.

#102 Post by Guest »

Thank you all.
Dd is fine tonight. She isn’t in any pain or hasn’t any bleeding tonight. Tomorrow she takes 2 more tablets and should start bleeding within 4 hours. The gp was great. He kept putting his hand on her shoulder while talking to her.
I hope it goes to plan. If it doesn’t, I don’t think I could take much more. My patience are very short. I am trying to keep positive and act as normal for her and her 2 younger sisters but it’s a struggle. I want to curl up in a ball.
I’ve a Xmas party night tomorrow night so I’ve asked her boyfriend to come out and stay with her while we are gone. I don’t even want to go but dh says we should at least get out of the house for awhile.
JennyC

#103 Post by JennyC »

I’m also thinking of your dd and you tonight. I hope you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Goingagain

#104 Post by Goingagain »

Hope it all passes without too much discomfort , Mammy's will always live it step by step, you are doing great, mind yourself.
Elsie

#105 Post by Elsie »

you have been amazing through this. And yes you should go out even for an hour or two. another week and this will all be in the past. x mind yourself x

Return to “Advice/Anon”