My dd(17) is pregnant

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
twinfun

Re: My dd(17) is pregnant

#76 Post by twinfun »

So glad that the GP appointment went well and that nowadays the option of medication 💊 is available and you had an empathic GP thankfully

I’m sure your daughter is so lucky to have a kind understanding mum for her now and she knows you are there for her in the future

Do have that cry scream pig out on chocolate whatever you need to get through this highly emotional 48 hours you’ve been through
molls

#77 Post by molls »

Delighted to hear the GP was kind. Compassion when you are feeling vulnerable is so powerful.

I hope you've had that cry and are feeling better for it. You've been brilliant but I can only imagine how exhausted you are from it.

Mind yourself.
August

#78 Post by August »

So glad to hear the gp was so supportive. This is what we voted for, so that our daughters can live in a kinder world than we did.

You have been such a strong support for her. I hope you and your husband can lean into each other and breathe more easily once Friday has passed.

Wishing your daughter the very best. I hope she can move on quickly and get back to being the teenager that she is.
These users thanked the author August for the post (total 2):
GerryG2SeanTheSheep
Vino

#79 Post by Vino »

You must feel like you've been through the wringer, hopefully when the next few days pass you'll be able to let yourself start to calm.
It sounds as though your daughter knows her own mind very strongly and is going with her gut feeling. Some situations there's no right or wrong choice just one where you make the best one for your own circumstances and it sounds like she has.
I would make certain that whoever in the school was made aware of the circumstances is reminded nicely of the need for discretion.
Best of luck, hope the next while passes as easily as it can for you all.
Carrots

#80 Post by Carrots »

Well done you being there for her. What a relief to get an understanding GP & thankfully girls have options & can speak to their parents.
Def a lesson tho (for us all with daughters) to remind getting sorted for reliable contraception esp if they've a boyfriend.
SecretMe

#81 Post by SecretMe »

I'm glad the appointment went well and that the tablet is suitable for your DD (and available). It's a very emotional time, look after yourself as you've been so strong for your DD.
Goingagain

#82 Post by Goingagain »

Delighted to read your visit to the gp was a positive one, youve been an amazing support to your DD, I hope her road ahead is not so traumatic and life resumes as she planned.

Look after yourself have that cry, scream your car down, you need it what a shock. Take care
Solas
Been thanked: 0

#83 Post by Solas »

Oh that every girl would have a mother as amazing as you ...
I really hope you can breathe a bit easier now the decision has been made, remember to try and take care of yourself too, it's been a rough few days xxx
rosepetal

#84 Post by rosepetal »

Glad to hear your gp was supportive and compassionate, and that we now live in a country where your dd has options. My dd is nearly 17 so I can only imagine how hard this has been for you, and her of course. She's very lucky she has such a caring and supportive mother, she may not fully appreciate that now but she will in the future. Mind yourself and don't underestimate the rebound effect this might have on you both emotionally when things calm down.
Nodrog

#85 Post by Nodrog »

How are you doing today OP?
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#86 Post by Guest »

Nodrog wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:55 am How are you doing today OP?
I am doing ok, thank you.

Dd didn’t sleep well last night as she was thinking about the procedure and what she wants to do and feels guilty about it .
She still wants to go ahead with it but I suppose the demons are in her head now.
I just want to get to Friday.
HeyJude

#87 Post by HeyJude »

So happy to hear your GP was helpful and supportive. Of course you feel like crying...you have been through a lot in the last few days and you need to release all those feelings. Hope your DD is ok also and can put this behind her quickly.

To echo another poster I too would sit the 2 of them down and talk to them about contraception. If your daughter is going to be sexually active and is not taking the pill correctly, then maybe an IUD or inplant would be more suitable for her. At least then it's in and she doesn't have to worry about it. I would still stress the condoms though from a sexual health pov.
Nodrog

#88 Post by Nodrog »

Guest wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:56 am

Dd didn’t sleep well last night as she was thinking about the procedure and what she wants to do and feels guilty about it .
She still wants to go ahead with it but I suppose the demons are in her head now.
Glad you are doing OK.
Be kind to yourself, you have had an awful shock.
StarryNight

#89 Post by StarryNight »

OP I would hope my DD would do the the same in these circumstances but its normal to have mixed feelings about a decision. That doesn't mean she's making the wrong one, it just means she's taking the least worst option for her right now.
She might benefit from some counselling afterwards so she deals with all the emotions in a healthy way rather than dwelling on the what ifs.
These users thanked the author StarryNight for the post (total 3):
elizaDooDriven DementedShining
GerryG2

#90 Post by GerryG2 »

Guest wrote: Wed Dec 14, 2022 10:56 am

The crater. A major decision for any woman of any age but especially a young teenager. For what it’s worth it’s good she’s processing these feelings now. It will help with the after math.

I have a friend who had a baby at 17, it was the late 90’s and times were tough. She left it too long to travel to the UK
It was life changing but she says now, that everything has a reason and her daughter and her have a great relationship.

My other best friend found herself pregnant in college, traveled to the UK and says she’s no regrets but she does think about it that one time a year, to acknowledge it happened. There is no right or wrong, it’s a choice and thank god we now have choice in Ireland to make informed decisions

Thinking of you both xx

Return to “Advice/Anon”