My dd(17) is pregnant

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
StarryNight

Re: My dd(17) is pregnant

#121 Post by StarryNight »

Hope all went smoothly for your dd and you're all doing OK.
Mrs Ems

#122 Post by Mrs Ems »

Yes hope Christmas went as well as possible for you all and things are looking a bit brighter
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#123 Post by Guest »

Thank you.

I thought I posted an update last weekend but I must not have submitted it.
Anyway just to let you all know she is doing really well the last few days. She seems to be back to herself again, she got the hair done on Friday which seemed to have perked her up and she is going ice skating tomorrow. I am glad she is getting out of the house and meeting friends.

The Saturday was absolutely horrendous. She took the second tablet and vomited a few minutes after, I think that’s why they say to let it dissolve in your mouth rather than chew it. She started cramping really bad about an hour later and that lasted about 3 hours until she started to bleed. She really went through the wringer for 3 hours or so. It was so hard to watch and not be able to do anything to help her.

We are just going to take it day by day. I feel our relationship has changed since this, she has matured a lot in the last 2 weeks.
Thank you all for your support, it has meant an awful lot xx
angrybird

#124 Post by angrybird »

Apologies. I only saw last weeks pending post when I went in to approve this one. 🙈 Glad to hear your DD is doing well and hope you all enjoyed Christmas.
DS1- 13
DS2-11
DS3- 9
DD- 8
Kensington

#125 Post by Kensington »

glad it went as well as it could. It is interesting about your relationship changing - I can really understand that. I know she is young but in the end as well as being mother and daughter you were two women together dealing with something so many many women deal with - if that makes sense. I wish you both all the very best.
These users thanked the author Kensington for the post (total 5):
NamasteStarryNightShiningHokeypokeyRDR
Vino

#126 Post by Vino »

Ah the poor girl, its a lot for her to take in. She's very lucky to have you.
Wishing you all all the best.
These users thanked the author Vino for the post:
Shining
StarryNight

#127 Post by StarryNight »

Glad she's getting back to normal and you are an amazing mother.
These users thanked the author StarryNight for the post:
Shining
tippexile

#128 Post by tippexile »

I'm glad she is starting to get back to normal. She is lucky to have such supportive parents. It must have been so hard for all of you.
twinfun

#129 Post by twinfun »

Glad she is starting to get back to normal and thinking of you all x
Nodrog

#130 Post by Nodrog »

OP Hope your DD is continuing to do well
Elsie

#131 Post by Elsie »

what an end to your year. But so glad you were there for your dd. You are a wonderful mum and she is lucky to have you to turn too. So could easily happen to anyone. im sure the doctor will help decide what contraception will be right for her. wishing you and yours all the best for 2023
Groucho

#132 Post by Groucho »

Just reading this now. She is very lucky to have such a supportive mother. I'm sure this experience has shown her that too. Mind yourself. You must be completely shattered after the emotional roller coaster you've been on too.
These users thanked the author Groucho for the post:
Aura
One year on
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#133 Post by One year on »

Hi everyone,
I was thinking about this, this morning and I searched for my first post to remind myself as to how low I felt a year ago and I want to thank you all for your supportive words here. It really was and is still appreciated.

I cannot believe it’s been almost a year since I posted. I felt life would never be the same again and I really mourned that for a long time.
Dd is doing really, really well. She has grown into a fine young lady. I am so proud of how she has dealt with this last year.
She sat her leaving. I was worried she would find it tough going, she didn’t do as well as she wanted but she got her university place and is studying nursing and is so happy in first year and with college life in general .
Herself and her boyfriend are still together.
All in all, life is good for her and she perfecting college life😊. Our relationship has changed for the better and I think she realises we are not the gowls she thought we were when she was 13-16.
Who know what tomorrow will bring any of us.
Thanks again everyone.
November

#134 Post by November »

One year on wrote: Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:31 am Hi everyone,
I was thinking about this, this morning and I searched for my first post to remind myself as to how low I felt a year ago and I want to thank you all for your supportive words here. It really was and is still appreciated.

I cannot believe it’s been almost a year since I posted. I felt life would never be the same again and I really mourned that for a long time.
Dd is doing really, really well. She has grown into a fine young lady. I am so proud of how she has dealt with this last year.
She sat her leaving. I was worried she would find it tough going, she didn’t do as well as she wanted but she got her university place and is studying nursing and is so happy in first year and with college life in general .
Herself and her boyfriend are still together.
All in all, life is good for her and she perfecting college life😊. Our relationship has changed for the better and I think she realises we are not the gowls she thought we were when she was 13-16.
Who know what tomorrow will bring any of us.
Thanks again everyone.
That’s a lovely update. So happy to hear your DD is doing well and you are too!
Mrs Yarn

#135 Post by Mrs Yarn »

Delighted to hear such a positive update

Return to “Advice/Anon”