I called the Gardai in relation to my husband

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Stripy

Re: I called the Gardai in relation to my husband

#31 Post by Stripy »

Hi OP, when I read your post, I did think it was a bit excessive going to the Gardai. It seems like his explosion was a one off and could have been sorted out between you when things were calmer. My DH can fly off the handle but I'd never dream of contacting the guards and I can understand your husband's annoyance. Could your DH go to a counsellor if he is very moody, perhaps he is depressed? Or try as a couple? It sounds like you are both going through a lot of stress and it would be a shame to end a marriage over this. I'm not saying he is right but i can understand his annoyance. I know my opinion is different to others...
These users thanked the author Stripy for the post:
Dobble
Dobble

#32 Post by Dobble »

Stripy I initially thought similar but then figured that the op may be at the end of her tether, this may be a regular occurrence and she just can’t take it any more? Maybe he’s getting worse and she’s scared of the next time …
These users thanked the author Dobble for the post (total 2):
VinoStripy
anon76
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#33 Post by anon76 »

Thanks Stripy. Was very reluctant to do so but I knew by his behaviour, it was going to continue all evening and most likely all weekend. His threat to take my car key really troubled me as I need my car. I was/am at the end of my tether :/
Vino

#34 Post by Vino »

I wondered similar at first stripy but the op updated from her regular account and it made sense. The post was removed but it was clear she needed advice from somewhere and at the time she felt that was the right course of action.
She wasn't expecting a house call.

I think if in doubt we'd all advise any one feeling vulnerable to reach out, overreactions can always be dealt with much easier than volatile situations.
These users thanked the author Vino for the post (total 6):
StripyMilisShininglilypotterDobbleKensington
lilypotter

#35 Post by lilypotter »

Stripy wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 3:05 pm Hi OP, when I read your post, I did think it was a bit excessive going to the Gardai. It seems like his explosion was a one off and could have been sorted out between you when things were calmer. My DH can fly off the handle but I'd never dream of contacting the guards and I can understand your husband's annoyance.
I didn't read it as a one off - the OP described anger issues/mood swings that have been going on a while although they were "getting on better the last few months" but the the mood swings this week she described as "horrendous". Last nights incident left her scared for her safety and independence and was a culmination of a week's events and past behaviour. When do we draw the line of which incident is the time to seek help?
Vino wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 5:11 pm I think if in doubt we'd all advise any one feeling vulnerable to reach out, overreactions can always be dealt with much easier than volatile situations.
Very true. And there are plenty of examples of irreversible tragedies that people wish they had known about and could have prevented.

OP, I hope you are safe and know you did what you felt you had to do, the repercussions were brought about by his own actions. If he wants help, I hope he gets it. I hope you get support and it all works out for the best for you and your family.
These users thanked the author lilypotter for the post (total 3):
Shiningred-nicaGervais
molls

#36 Post by molls »

Hi OP. Hope you are ok and that your husband did the planned activity with your son.
Dnwa
Has thanked: 0

#37 Post by Dnwa »

Iv been thinking of you and I hope you both managed to have a chat and sort things out .
molls

#38 Post by molls »

Hi OP. Just checking in to see how you are doing.
These users thanked the author molls for the post (total 3):
Mrs EmsShiningNamaste

Return to “Advice/Anon”