Child unwell - possibly from anxiety?

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Idk
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Child unwell - possibly from anxiety?

#16 Post by Idk »

Lots of food for thought and many of the comments resonate with me. I've booked another GP app and will not be leaving without a pathway for either further investigations or professional help with the anxiety if they insist that is the issue. I'll also ask if they will take bloods, I understand why they don't but in this case the child is happy and willing to have them taken in the surgery.

docmcstuffins

#17 Post by docmcstuffins »

barneyrubble wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:12 pm Could be something like coeliac disease. All the symptoms would be potential symptoms of coeliac.

Def get bloods and a referral on to rule out things.
Don't alter what they eat before any tests are done
Would agree that all the symptoms could be coeliac disease, particularly paleness and lack of energy. However, as a coeliac it is always my first thought! Would agree that you would need to have bloods done asap.
These users thanked the author docmcstuffins for the post:
purple star

barneyrubble

#18 Post by barneyrubble »

docmcstuffins wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 8:37 pm
barneyrubble wrote: Thu Aug 25, 2022 2:12 pm Could be something like coeliac disease. All the symptoms would be potential symptoms of coeliac.

Def get bloods and a referral on to rule out things.
Don't alter what they eat before any tests are done
Would agree that all the symptoms could be coeliac disease, particularly paleness and lack of energy. However, as a coeliac it is always my first thought! Would agree that you would need to have bloods done asap.
Coeliac child here so I'm always telling people to get tested!
These users thanked the author barneyrubble for the post:
docmcstuffins

Phoebe Taylor
Been thanked: 0

#19 Post by Phoebe Taylor »

CLBG wrote:I think you have to trust your gut on this. For ages our last GP fobbed dd off by saying her tummy aches, diarrhoea, headaches, dizziness etc were down to anxiety, and it didn't feel right to me. Dd was anxious, but like you I was worried that there was more. I pushed for her to see a Paediatrician and it turned out she had a major intolerance to wheat. We've since established that she also has IBS.

Maybe while you're waiting for an appt you could try her for a week off wheat or dairy.. she could have an intolerance to something like that. After about a week off wheat, dd was seeing a noticeable difference in how she was feeling.

Hope you get sorted soon.
I was going to post almost the same thing. Dd had all the symptoms mentioned, had scans and scopes and blood tests. She's not a coeliac, but is wheat intolerant and got stomach migraines when she was younger.

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

Return to “Advice/Anon”