Scammed

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Mrs Yarn

Re: Scammed

#46 Post by Mrs Yarn »

I’m so sorry this has happened to you on top of everything else you’re dealing with but please please don’t do anything silly. Your daughter needs you. You are an important person who will get through this. As another poster said this too shall pass.
Carmella

#47 Post by Carmella »

Your daughter and your family love you very much. Your life is worth more than any money.

You definitely need to talk to the bank and I’m sure they will help you when they realise your husband is vulnerable.

I know it must feel so hard but please get help as none of this is your fault, it’s an awful thing to happen and you are in shock and devastated but you can’t give up on life.
Great you are going to the GP. Please take every help offered.
cloonli

#48 Post by cloonli »

So sorry to read this. These scammers can be so persuasive and so aggressive too and they target vulnerable people. Please do take any help available to you.
faganlesley

#49 Post by faganlesley »

Bank fraud management called there is nothing that they will do cause he gave the money willingly.

So the money is gone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unnamed poster 7

#50 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
purple pixie
Been thanked: 0

#51 Post by purple pixie »

faganlesley wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:13 pm Bank fraud management called there is nothing that they will do cause he gave the money willingly.

So the money is gone.

Can you appeal this decision? My ds was scammed recently, not the same circumstances I know but the bank told him they wouldn't refund him as he authorised the transactions. He appealed and sent a long letter, he got his money back.
Carmella

#52 Post by Carmella »

I’m so sorry. Do the bank know that he is vulnerable? They should be made aware of this.

What are your parents saying? Keep thinking about your daughter and get help from the Gp. We can help you too.
faganlesley

Scammed

#53 Post by faganlesley »

I’ve just called the cpcc and they have giving me the advice to appeal to the bank again.

Also a friend of mine is asked the editor of the Sunday times to do a piece it might get the bank to help us.

Sorry I’m making mistakes in the typing I’m just so frustrated. My DH is still talking to the scammers and they are telling him I am trying to control him.

I can’t get through to him. And he still believes the money is safe.

These users thanked the author faganlesley for the post (total 2):
NodrogRDR
KikkiD

#54 Post by KikkiD »

faganlesley wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 4:09 pm I’ve just called the cpcc and they have giving me the advice to appeal to the bank again.

Also a friend of mine is asked the editor or the Sunday to do a piece it might get the bank to help us.

Yes good idea, name and shame the bank publicly, make sure they are fully aware of the situation with your partner. Hopefully this will result in a refund, don't give up! x
faganlesley

#55 Post by faganlesley »

Oh I’m not giving up on trying to get the money. Can’t say the same for our relationship at the moment. But that’s for another day.

I really want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for all the support and kindness. It’s has really kept me going today.

These users thanked the author faganlesley for the post (total 4):
KikkiDCarmellaTCRmolls
rosepetal

#56 Post by rosepetal »

My dh works in a bank (not ptsb) and his advice is to get onto the bank again asap and emphasise your dh is a vulnerable customer and that you want to put in for a recall immediately. Also check the calls are recorded in case you need proof later on.
These users thanked the author rosepetal for the post (total 6):
CarmellaKikkiDUnnamed poster 7TinkyRadarMaximus
faganlesley

#57 Post by faganlesley »

I’m going to write a letter to the bank and see how we get on. My DH doctor is providing a letter to say he’s not able to make decisions like this without knowing the implications

These users thanked the author faganlesley for the post:
TCR
Unnamed poster 7

#58 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
These users thanked the author Unnamed poster 7 for the post:
Millie
Scorpio

#59 Post by Scorpio »

I have no advise to give but just wanted to send you my support. Keep hounding the bank - get your ducks in a row and dont let them fob you off.

Park everything else for now, park decisions regarding your relationship, keep focused on the job in hand. Getting the money back. I really do feel for you.
mcmammy2

#60 Post by mcmammy2 »

Oh OP hopefully you get it back. Focus on that and your DD. This will pass. It seems world ending right now (and yes it is a huge deal) but it will pass. In meantime I really hope you get all the money back and you DH cones around. I do understand the frustration with him even if he is vulnerable however go easy on him and you. The bad people in this are the scammers.

Return to “Advice/Anon”