Scammed

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Unnamed poster 7

Re: Scammed

#31 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
These users thanked the author Unnamed poster 7 for the post (total 7):
rosepetaltippexileTCRMrs YarnClaraLaraPimbwithmm and one more user
faganlesley

#32 Post by faganlesley »

I’m on illness benefits and he’s on a disability pension and that money had taken us 3 years to save. Penny pinching at every hands turn and it’s the deceit that’s hurting more than anything.

When he initially in vested €250 I told his it was a scam and wouldn’t believe me. 6 weeks later everything is gone.

Rang our mortgage company today and they are going to try help us. Will try take a break from that to give us breathing space.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ali

#33 Post by ali »

Faganlesley, I remember reading your previous thread on your husband and his mental health, I think you said he was hospitalised in the last few months due to mental health issues, would really try and get onto his team in the hospital as they may be able to give you a letter for the bank confirming his issues and how he is not really capable of rationale decisions at the moment. Might help even get some of the money refunded. Apologies for bringing up the other thread, dont like doing that to posters but I do think it could work for you in this instance.
faganlesley

#34 Post by faganlesley »

Yeah I was just thinking that myself. It’s bipolar and schizophrenia he has. Not at all every piece of advice is helpful cx

These users thanked the author faganlesley for the post:
ali
Unnamed poster 7

#35 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
molls

#36 Post by molls »

Great idea asking for a mortgage break. Hopefully it will be granted. You are an amazing woman to be able to think straight at all.

You have nothing to feel humiliated about.

I highly recommend screaming to loud song in the car to help relieve stress.
faganlesley

#37 Post by faganlesley »

No feeling amazing. I sat with a packet of pills this morning hoping and praying for the strength to end it all but o couldn’t do it to my daughter

Nodrog

#38 Post by Nodrog »

Please please phone your gp/friend asap
faganlesley

#39 Post by faganlesley »

I called the doctor and have an appointment tomorrow. My head is about to explode.

Going to my parents house for a few hours to try decompress a bit.

These users thanked the author faganlesley for the post (total 3):
SecretMeKikkiDCarmella
Unnamed poster 7

#40 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
SecretMe

#41 Post by SecretMe »

Faganlesley this is not something you can deal with alone. Can you talk to someone you can trust and see your GP?

It's a really horrible situation to be in, I'm so sorry this has happened but you need to act fast for your own mental health too.
These users thanked the author SecretMe for the post:
KikkiD
KikkiD

#42 Post by KikkiD »

This is just awful but remember IT TOO WILL PASS. I would highly recommend the advice above re getting onto the MH team and pleading your case with the bank. I would then go in and meet the manager and give them the letter and highlight the situation. Think practically, the mortgage break is a good idea, also contact utility companies and explain the situation, MABS might be a good help also? In the first instance, look after yourself, glad to see you have GP appointment. Ask for help, people will be happy to do it.
These users thanked the author KikkiD for the post:
tippexile
faganlesley

Scammed

#43 Post by faganlesley »

You are all so kind it is a great outlet to have. I cannot face tell anyone irl just other than my parent s I just feel so broken.

They’ve taken my money but he taken my last 18 years of trust.

These users thanked the author faganlesley for the post (total 2):
KikkiDTinky
tippexile

#44 Post by tippexile »

I'm so sorry that this has happened. Like 3 dollys says, these people are professional scumbags. They set out these scams to entice the vulnerable. We have a family member who has bipolar. When they are in the middle of an episode, nothing nor nobody can reason with them, so I can understand the feeling of frustration.
Please contact the Samaritans and your GP . You are in the middle of this and the moment it all seems bleak but as KikkiD says, this too shall pass. KikkiD has given you great advice.
I don't know if it's possible but is there anyway like power of attorney for you to assume control of your finances while your husband is going through his mental health issues? Once you see your GP and feel a bit better in yourself, maybe contact Citizen's Advice, they might be able to point you in the right direction.
These users thanked the author tippexile for the post:
KikkiD
TCR

#45 Post by TCR »

Please tell your gp what has happened tomorrow. He/she will be able to help you.

You are going to get through this. It’s upsetting to read not to mind go through.

Don’t be embarrassed over it. If you ever listen to live line so so many people have been scammed. It’s rampant from small amounts to huge amounts. You are not alone.

I would try to see if you can take financial control going forward. Get any letters you can to say your Dh wasn’t capable of making those decisions.

Return to “Advice/Anon”