Scammed

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Unnamed Poster 8

Re: Scammed

#16 Post by Unnamed Poster 8 »

Post Deleted
rosepetal

#17 Post by rosepetal »

Nodrog wrote:OP I would hold off on getting married and rethink if you want to be tied financially and legally to this man for the rest of your life.
Close any joint accounts and safeguard your money.
This 100%. You poor thing, that sounds so incredibly stressful and upsetting for you. You really need to step back and decide if this is what you want for the rest of your life.
Regarding the money, I would strongly pursue it with the bank as fraud. He is clearly unwell mentally and while the banks first action is generally to refuse to refund, if you persist they will often act in your favour.
faganlesley

Scammed

#18 Post by faganlesley »

Oh the wedding is 100% cancelled. I can’t even look at him right now. The thing is I know he’s not well but he knew what he was doing when giving the money over he just didn’t think to check out the legitimacy of them.

Please don’t quote me as I will probably delete later.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DiscoGirl

#19 Post by DiscoGirl »

Sorry you are going through this, wishing you the best of luck going forward.
TCR

#20 Post by TCR »

It’s such a lot to take on all at once. Try to concentrate on getting the money back. All other decisions can be made when you feel stronger. It’s such a tiny amount of money to banks but life changing for you. Keep after them. I really hope it works out.
Unnamed poster 7

#21 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
faganlesley

#22 Post by faganlesley »

We have no foot to stand on in Ireland they are based in eationia and guards say it’s impossible to track them.

I really appreciate all the kindness from you guys. I feel so humiliated that I have to write this down cause I’m embryo talk irl.

Unnamed poster 7

#23 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
faganlesley

#24 Post by faganlesley »

As he gave them authority to take it out they have no authority to take it back.

Mrs Ems

#25 Post by Mrs Ems »

My heart goes out to you. This is really crap. Can fully understand how upset/furious you are with your DH.
As others have said push and push with the bank. Is there any advise you can get from Citizens Advise?

Keep coming on here so we can do what little we can to help you through this emotionally.
purple pixie
Been thanked: 0

#26 Post by purple pixie »

I'm so so sorry you're going through this. Keep at the bank anyway it's worth a try. I would also echo what Nodrog said. Mind yourself, you poor thing my heart goes out to you.
Unnamed poster 7

#27 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
CocoRose

#28 Post by CocoRose »

What was the company? This is a criminal offence, he has been robbed, tell the guards anyway.

I'm so sorry you feel so low. This is shit. It is hard but keep it in perspective, your health after a stroke is worth all the money in the world so please please take care of yourself.
faganlesley

#29 Post by faganlesley »

The guards have taken our statement but said basically there isn’t anything to be done.

The bank is sending out the fraud report reluctantly but have really said they can’t help us.

I know he thought he was doing good but didn’t fully understand the implications of his actions so will try fight it that way.

I wanna kill him but also feel so sorry for him. He feels terrible for what has happened but doesn’t change the fact that he did it behind my back.

Carmella

#30 Post by Carmella »

That’s the worst part, even if you get the money back now, you know in your heart you can’t trust him with money anymore. You need to protect yourself and your daughter now. I’m so sorry.

Do you work? Have you access to an Employee Assistance Programme? If you do I would recommend talking to someone and getting support for yourself. All the best.

Return to “Advice/Anon”