Scammed

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Nodrog

Re: Scammed

#76 Post by Nodrog »

I've been thinking of you, I hope you managed some sleep. I'm not sure if you have confided in anyone IRL.
However if your OH has returned to his parents and he is still speaking with these scammers I would be concerned his parents may be in a vulnerable position.
If he tells his parents that you are controlling, he has no money... might they give him access to theirs?
I know your immediate concern is your health, your DD and trying to get your hard saved money back but it might be No harm letting his parents or indeed anyone else he might borrow from aware of whats been going on. You have done nothing wrong.
You are not married. If he accumulates debt in his name he is responsible for it however if you have a joint mortgage (which I presume you do) any additional debts
he accumulates could impact this longer term.
faganlesley

#77 Post by faganlesley »

His parent won’t give him any money for this they know about it. Not sure how it it’ll all play out to be honest his mother hates the ground I walk on. Blames me for his mental health issues.

Her reaction was Awh sure it’s just money forget about it now. I can only imagine what she was saying about me last night when I told him to go to hers. But if i didn’t ask him to leave i would have said some things to him and made things worse.

I haven’t slept in the last 2 nights so I hope the doctor can give me something today. My head hurts with so much running around in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author faganlesley for the post (total 2):
NodrogSmoke
Mrs Ems

#78 Post by Mrs Ems »

Hope you feel better after going to the GP, even just from talking things through with him/her.
These users thanked the author Mrs Ems for the post (total 2):
KikkiDCarmella
farmer me

#79 Post by farmer me »

How are you doing today?
faganlesley

#80 Post by faganlesley »

Sorry I wasn’t on today. Spent so much of the day calling differ places and people look information as to where we could get help.

Unfortunately the money is not retrievable it’s gone and there isn’t anything we can do. The banks are not willing to even try anything.

But DH came home for a while this evening and we talked over everything. We are not going to let this break us. It’s gonna be a long road ahead to rebuild my trust in him. And I got some home truths myself that weren’t easy to hear. But what we have is worth fighting for.

Wedding is cancelled for the time being. Maybe for our 20th anniversary if we make it.

From My deepest heart I thank each and everyone who gave support, advice or just a message of encouragement and kindness it meant so much to me. You’re all wonderful human beings xx

These users thanked the author faganlesley for the post (total 18):
ClaraLaraNodrogTCRSmokefarmer merosepetal and 12 more users
Mrs Ems

#81 Post by Mrs Ems »

Really sorry to hear that the money can’t be refunded. Seems so unfair.

Glad you have had some good conversation with your DH. It can’t have been easy. Probably best you waited a few days, till you were calmer. Hope you have worked out your immediate financial commitments.

How are you feeling? How’s your health? How is your DD coping? Is she aware of what’s happening?
Last edited by Mrs Ems on Fri Apr 29, 2022 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carmella

#82 Post by Carmella »

I think it’s very important that you get some counselling and support, this is a huge deal and you have been through a lot. All the very best to you.
faganlesley

#83 Post by faganlesley »

Tried to stay off phone and be more present at home today to try and work on things. We are going to look into counselling and he’s going to see his mental health doctor next week to make sure this doesn’t trigger a bipolar episode.

My health has stayed steady this week thankfully (I haven’t a clue how)

Our DD is ok I can see she is very quiet. Have asked about her maybe going to counselling but she says she fine. Just talking to her but she’s a born worrier. Hard to get her to talk about anything is difficult

Again thank you everyone xx

Mrs Ems

#84 Post by Mrs Ems »

How are you doing at the moment Lesley. Any update from the bank. How is your health. Hope you are all doing ok x

Return to “Advice/Anon”