Neighbour issue

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
ali

Re: Neighbour issue

#16 Post by ali »

I had similar a few years ago with a neighbour and their mid 20 son, would have a group of friends around in the back garden most weekends and all the cig buts thrown over my wall. Was friendly with the neighbours, went in, mummy said no I must be mistaken as her son would never do that...so next time it happened the following morning I threw them all back over the wall...juvenile of me I know but no more cig buts came over my wall!.
These users thanked the author ali for the post (total 2):
PinkyPieluxie
August

#17 Post by August »

Depends on the neighbours! Our neighbours’ teenage son throws cigarette butts into our garden. I find it easier to pick them up than to talk to them about it. Hopefully he will grow out of it before too long…

I can’t imagine too many vape pods will come over. Are they not too expensive to waste?
Tobo

#18 Post by Tobo »

August wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:51 pm Depends on the neighbours! Our neighbours’ teenage son throws cigarette butts into our garden. I find it easier to pick them up than to talk to them about it. Hopefully he will grow out of it before too long…

I can’t imagine too many vape pods will come over. Are they not too expensive to waste?
The same lad is probably littering out the window of a car or on the street. I don't think keeping quiet about this kind of thing and hoping they'll grow out if it will fix the worsening situation of littering and fly tipping in this country.
Sorry, but living on a rural backroad and watching anything from McDonalds takeaways to mattresses and fridges being dumped in the ditches, it all begins with littering the small stuff.
These users thanked the author Tobo for the post:
luxie
Ellsbells
Been thanked: 0

#19 Post by Ellsbells »

Had the same problem, DH said it directly to teenage son and that worked , if your DH isn't keen to say anything maybe have a quiet word yourself
Lorr

#20 Post by Lorr »

August wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:51 pm
U can buy disposable ones now, they are 6 or 8 euro, u get 3 or could be 6 hundred "puffs" from them.
Dd confessed to using them and my sis filled me in on them as she uses them!!
August

#21 Post by August »

Tobo wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 6:09 pm
August wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:51 pm Depends on the neighbours! Our neighbours’ teenage son throws cigarette butts into our garden. I find it easier to pick them up than to talk to them about it. Hopefully he will grow out of it before too long…

The same lad is probably littering out the window of a car or on the street. I don't think keeping quiet about this kind of thing and hoping they'll grow out if it will fix the worsening situation of littering and fly tipping in this country.
Sorry, but living on a rural backroad and watching anything from McDonalds takeaways to mattresses and fridges being dumped in the ditches, it all begins with littering the small stuff.
Oh I totally agree! And I absolutely hate littering. That’s why I said it depends on the neighbours. It depends on how it will be received.

Return to “Advice/Anon”