Daughter relationship

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
fourarms

Re: Daughter relationship

#271 Post by fourarms »

That all sounds so difficult and so so hurtful. Hopefully time and maturity will improve the situation. Is she still in the same relationship?
Tobo

#272 Post by Tobo »

That update is horrendous. I'm actually shocked that your DD continues her feud with you, but will still take the cash. I'll go so far as to say her actions are disgusting.
She will regret her actions. In time.
Until then, hard as it will be, concentrate on your other child and your DH. And dare I say it, turn the supply of finances off and spend it on yourselves.
These users thanked the author Tobo for the post (total 2):
GerryG2KikkiD
Shining

#273 Post by Shining »

I agree with Tobo. It must be so hurtful.
Sad mum
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#274 Post by Sad mum »

I have to say we are both disgusted and ashamed of her behaviour. She didn’t even text her sister over Christmas or New Year . Her cursing and swearing at me in texts is dreadful . It’s like she’s a different person . She was always so very respectful. My sister thinks she’s in the same relationship, I have no idea . I don’t even know where she spent Christmas Day . I know absolutely nothing about her now . It’s unfortunately what she wants . We still have no idea what brought all this on . I do still partly blame the boyfriend, but at the end of the day she’s cut herself off from her family knowing how much we love her .
My sister did tell her before Christmas that she was destroying us , and would she consider sitting down with us and talking , she just said no .
Grasscutter

#275 Post by Grasscutter »

Awful behaviour on her part. Devastating for you. Honestly I’m a bit baffled that your sister can maintain a normal relationship with her when she treats you like this. My heart goes out to you and I hope your DD matures and sees what she’s done here and tries to make amends.
CocoRose

#276 Post by CocoRose »

I am so sorry, sadmum. It does sound to me though that time maybe has let you grieve this a bit and hopefully you are working on your marriage and being good to yourself and cherishing your other child. You only have one life and your life matters, even if you are hurting. It's a big loss right now but who knows what the future will bring. I don't know what it's like to carry the pain of this but I have a family friend who lost a child to drugs, no contact now and life had to go on. It's not easy but at least you know she is safe.
Dobble

#277 Post by Dobble »

Oh sadmum so sorry to read this , I honestly think I’d be heartbroken too
Mind yourself, it’s all you can do now x
Nodrog

#278 Post by Nodrog »

Reading your update I want to give her a smack on the arse (and I'm not a violent person).
She is awfully abusive to you.

I think you have done everything that you can do and you need to look after yourself and your DH/daughter at home.

The lines of communication are still open and hopefully in time she may come to her senses.
These users thanked the author Nodrog for the post:
CocoRose
purple star

#279 Post by purple star »

If this is really out of character, are you sure she's not taking drugs or anything?
RedHen

#280 Post by RedHen »

I'm sorry to read that update. You must be heartbroken at the change in her.
molson

#281 Post by molson »

purple star wrote:If this is really out of character, are you sure she's not taking drugs or anything?
I was wondering this as well. Her behaviour and attitude sounds very similar to a family member who cut off contact in the same way , around the same age and subsequently we found out it was down to a serious drug addiction. Unfortunately none of the family have any contact now despite best efforts . Only contacting you when wanted money is a big red flag. I really hope it’s not the case , I have a daughter the same age and I can’t imagine your pain- look after yourself .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chubbybumble
Been thanked: 0

#282 Post by chubbybumble »

purple star wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 5:58 pm If this is really out of character, are you sure she's not taking drugs or anything?
First thing I thought too seeing OPs latest posts based on experience with family member
purple star

#283 Post by purple star »

I'm only flagging it as a possibility as just the sudden change in personality and the need to have cash.... I mean, if you are not speaking but will come for the money.... Sounds strange. Apologies if I am way off the mark, I might well be.
August

#284 Post by August »

Gosh, my heart goes out to you. I hope time is good to you.
Sparkly Pooh Bear

#285 Post by Sparkly Pooh Bear »

Really sad update. There will be difficulty times ahead with things like family occasions. Would you considering counselling? And maybe be ready for a future scenario where you could be ready to suggest a family counselling if your daughter did wish to resume contact in the future.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Return to “Advice/Anon”