Struggling

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Shining

Re: Struggling

#46 Post by Shining »

Thanks everyone. That really means a lot. I'm very very hard on myself.
Goingagain

#47 Post by Goingagain »

Sorry you are struggling Shining, lots of great advice on here, I just wanted to wish you well and know you are not alone and you are doing your best, that is all we can do, mind yourself, this too shall pass x
sooon

#48 Post by sooon »

Shining wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:12 am Sounds daft...I know I have to ring gp but I just can't actually imagine ringing, talking..even the thoughts of ringing, I can't imagine even visiting. Everything is so difficult.
Oh Shining you poor love, when you get to talk to your GP can you say exactly what you've said above. I wish I could ring your GP for you as I'm sure most of us here do. You have such a lot on your plate something always has to give.

I read a thing on facebook last night

You will never speak to anyone more than yourself in your head, be kind to yourself.

Mind yourself xx
kahlan

#49 Post by kahlan »

I was reading the Indo earlier and there is a Psychologist's piece there with the headline 'The Art of Coping: Thoughts are not facts and feelings don't predict the future'.
It really struck a chord with me and it's a sentence I am going to try to remember. Hang in there, you sound like a fab lady going through a tough time, but you are keeping going and hopefully with the right supports you'll start to feel better soon. x
tippexile

#50 Post by tippexile »

Shining wrote: Tue Jan 11, 2022 11:12 am Sounds daft...I know I have to ring gp but I just can't actually imagine ringing, talking..even the thoughts of ringing, I can't imagine even visiting. Everything is so difficult.
I was the same. It felt.like I couldn't say the words out loud. I was scared that I would cry. And the thought of actually going into the surgery filled me with dread. Logically I knew he wouldn't judge me and had heard similar things before but logic flies out of the window when you are dealing with anxiety.Somehow I did it and even just telling him how I felt helped a bit.
Take it a step at a time. Ring and make the appointment. See if you can get an appointment at a time when it might be less rushed for you and the doctor. Maybe write out how you feel, so that you can show him if it feels too much to say.
Things will get better.
Sparkly Pooh Bear

#51 Post by Sparkly Pooh Bear »

Hi Shining, you might not be ready for it yet but I would highly recommend a personal development course. I did one with ICPPD, it was online. It gave me a great understanding of who I am and I found a lot of self contemptment after doing it. I had done counseling before and it felt like a good next step in my journey

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

RDR

#52 Post by RDR »

If ringing is too daunting would it be easier to write it down, even copy and paste from this thread and send it in asking the GP to call you?

Or would you like someone here to "hand hold" through PMs while you dial? (I'm taking hand-hold from Mumsnet where they use it a lot. I think it captures what we often need and it can be virtual). I'm sure any number of us would be happy to nudge you by message today to just pick up the phone. The paralysis is the worst but I think a lot of us have been there.

The interview is done. If you're the kind of person who can just draw a line under it and forget it, then do. If not, maybe drop them an email saying that you want to thank them for their kindness and consideration during the interview, that you are struggling with some personal stuff at the moment and realise it severely impacted the interview but that you hope in the future to have the opportunity to put yourself forward again. Give it closure.

Wishing you well. And if anyone (myself included) can help with any of this you should know that we will.
These users thanked the author RDR for the post (total 3):
GrouchoAugustSolas
RDR

#53 Post by RDR »

One other anecdote that might help you in phoning the GP if you think you'd phone more easily if it was a purely physical. Many years back when my children were small my dh travelled a lot and on one occasion was away and I started feeling completely depleted. I was dragging myself round telling myself I was just tired and pathetically not coping. One morning I walked into my 5 year olds room to get him up and tears just started flowing down my face. I just stood there thinking "I can't do this". I thought I was falling apart and felt so unable to even get him to school that I was forced to phoned someone who took him and his older brother in. I went to the GP with my 2 year old in tow, walked into his room and burst into tears and then when he examined me we discovered I had pneumonia. Both he and I thought I was having a breakdown of some sort. And I guess I was but it was largely physical. I can still remember the massive wave of relief of saying how I felt. I was frightened by how I felt and how I felt I couldn't cope. The cause is kind of irrelevant if you know what I mean. What I'm trying to say is if you think you'd call the GP for pneumonia call him for how you feel now. It doesn't matter what the cause is s/he's there to help.
These users thanked the author RDR for the post (total 5):
SmokechubbybumbleGrouchoSolasKikkiD
chubbybumble
Been thanked: 0

#54 Post by chubbybumble »

Some great advice here Shinning. Hope you are doing ok today x
Unnamed Poster 8

#55 Post by Unnamed Poster 8 »

Post Deleted
Unnamed poster 7

#56 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
These users thanked the author Unnamed poster 7 for the post:
Groucho
Shining

#57 Post by Shining »

Thanks everyone. I just want to say thank you everyone for all your messages, posts, advice, thoughts..it means so much to me; I'm conscious I'm not thanking posts or making individual responses so please know it does mean a lot.
Again I find myself paralysed in front of the computer! I have a number of meetings and I really need to get stuff done..I have a rotten phone call to make and will try to do stuff after that.
Can you believe I've been called for an internal interview (external people also being interviewed). I feel quite sick because I'm going to be let go soon (so no job) but equally I'm not sure what I can do.
If I get a few bits done I will try and call the gp.
GerryG

#58 Post by GerryG »

I think everyone has said it already but I just want to say mind yourself and I hope things turn a corner for you soon x
Shining

#59 Post by Shining »

Ok, I got one of my tasks done and I'm at a meeting now. When it finishes I will ring the GP.
These users thanked the author Shining for the post (total 8):
GerryGLady MadonnamollsTobomumto3Aphex and 2 more users
Unnamed poster 7

#60 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted

Return to “Advice/Anon”