What should I do?

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Aphex

Re: What should I do?

#16 Post by Aphex »

Some great advice above. Sounds incredibly traumatic. I agree with everyone who says not to engage with her at all. Sounds like she wants all engagement on her terms after causing you massive pain and I would absolutely not have any dealings with her at all or give her any level of control or input in my life. I'd examine the situation with your therapist/counsellor or whoever is guiding you forward who is best placed to help you avoid setbacks. Best of luck.
Tickle81
Has thanked: 0

#17 Post by Tickle81 »

I wouldn't write back. I have someone I cut from my life. And If she tried to get in contact I don't know what I would do. I know I would not write back however because I would be worried it would be seen as opening a channel of communication. You have to protect yourself and your mental health. It doesn't read like you are ready to deal with or confront this person. Take the time to heal and then in the future if this is still something you want to revisit the other person has left the door open.
Applejam

#18 Post by Applejam »

I would have to ignore it too …
My sister did an awful thing to me shortly after our mum died, unforgivable…. 2yrs later she text me, she wanted me to talk our father around to doing something for her …
No acknowledgment of what she had done or said …
I had to put myself first … I felt no loss from having her out of my life .. so I ignored her
It’s been 5.5 yrs since we last spoke and my life is so much easier and drama free
You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice

Here since Easter 2014 ...
Smoke

#19 Post by Smoke »

Anon,
she doesnt get to call the shots on the timeline for your emotions. It's not her call.

And it's certainly not for her to decide that she should now be allowed back into your life because she's done her "jailtime".

Honestly I think you're going to just open a real hornets nest for yourself if you start a correspondence here, and you'll be taking her emotional load, and guilt surrounding it, into your head.... you already are in fact and I hope you can see that.
But that's not your concern right now. Your own mental and emotional wellbeing needs to be your focus.
Vino

#20 Post by Vino »

You want her to know how badly she affected you but if you write a note you're engaging and will probably end up receiving another letter defending her actions.
I think the best way to send your message of how hurt you are is to not respond. Not only does it send the message you aren't interested it also gives her less room to engage you further.
If she writes again, don't open it, send it straight back.
Unnamed poster 7

#21 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted

Return to “Advice/Anon”