Caught him cheating

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Groucho

Re: Caught him cheating

#16 Post by Groucho »

You poor thing. I would imagine your situation could be far more common than anyone thinks. In theory "get rid of the bastard" but what do you do if the bastard has no intention of leaving? And I imagine many of them are happy to dig in.

Have you told anyone IRL about what you're going through? That might help, both to have moral support in your corner (I hope you don't mind my saying, but you sound very alone in this), but also to advise you or help you seek advice, and to stiffen your spine to get this moving when you feel like backing down again.

The way you are living is no way to live. He will never end it, so it will have to be you who does. I'm pretty sure it will be awful, but sometimes we have to go through the awful to get to the good.

Take the first step anyway and get some legal advice. That will at least give you some facts about what you can and can't do, and what your entitlements are (and also what steps can be taken if he won't leave). You might just sit on that information for a bit, but it's a first step.

The best of luck. We are all here for you xx

Return to “Advice/Anon”