DH very depressed and angry

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Penny

Re: DH very depressed and angry

#16 Post by Penny »

Definitely contact the GP. A friend is going through something similiar and got brilliant help from the GP and was referred on straight away for further help as things were far worse than thought. The services are there and still operating.
Cutiepie

#17 Post by Cutiepie »

Poster, I can only talk about being widowed because of suicide. We have no clear reason why dh took his own life. Looking back and only having it pointed out to me, there were small changes in him. I can't say he ever showed signs of depression. But he never talked. Sometimes you could tell that something was bothering him, small things yet he still didn't talk. Even if we had know what was to come, I don't think he'd have spoken to anyone. He was very much old school. I don't know what can help your husband. Personally, I wish mine could see the devastation his suicide left. Our children will be forever without him. They loved him and he loved them. I don't think he could see another way. I don't know why he couldnt have spoken to someone. Is it a man thing, I don't know. Personally, I found attending Pieta house kept me going. You can vent, let go, no-one will judge. Thinking of you both.
These users thanked the author Cutiepie for the post (total 11):
HydrangeaQueenSupamamaMammyof2NDMGoodnBaddaphne18 and 5 more users
Grasscutter

#18 Post by Grasscutter »

Woolly mentioned on another thread how refreshing it was to see Marian Finucane's widower speak about loss - because it is so rare that a man opens up or even can speak about loss.

I don't think any of the men in my life - including my own DS - are really capable of expressing their innermost feelings. It really makes me think Cutiepie - that you, and many women like you, could absolutely never have known what was coming - because it is just so normal for men not to open up when they are suffering inside. I think a lot of high profile men have done some good work in promoting talking about feelings - but we have a very, very long way to go.
These users thanked the author Grasscutter for the post (total 2):
CutiepieBimble
mrsfudge

#19 Post by mrsfudge »

Dh has bouts of depression where he just withdraws completely from us. Its very tough. The silence , tension and the lack of joy is awful. He always comes out of it but I just feel I'm on eggshells waiting for the next one.
These users thanked the author mrsfudge for the post:
Iamanisland
JennyC

#20 Post by JennyC »

mrsfudge wrote:Dh has bouts of depression where he just withdraws completely from us. Its very tough. The silence , tension and the lack of joy is awful. He always comes out of it but I just feel I'm on eggshells waiting for the next one.
That’s very hard mrsfudge. Is he getting any help/ does he even know it’s happening? I realised recently that my mood was affecting the whole family. The joylessness was really dragging everyone down. In my case it was hormonal (I think, it’s early days) and hopefully I’m on the way to having it sorted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mrsfudge

#21 Post by mrsfudge »

No. I think if I brought it up it would cause a massive row and upset him. I try to be quietly supportive while staying out of his way
JennyC

#22 Post by JennyC »

mrsfudge wrote:No. I think if I brought it up it would cause a massive row and upset him. I try to be quietly supportive while staying out of his way
I get that. I hope you’re ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JennyC for the post:
mrsfudge

Return to “Advice/Anon”