tubes tied

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
MonkeyBars

Re: tubes tied

#16 Post by MonkeyBars »

I’ll have to have a listen to that - or maybe not now that it’s done - I have it done about 13 years now and haven’t noticed any difference at all in my before and after body, periods, hormone fluctuations.
I understand a vasectomy is a perfectly easy was for a man to take precaution - but sometimes it’s more important to the woman for her to be able to not get pregnant again.

Edited as the op did ask about vasectomy!
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.
Marigold

#17 Post by Marigold »

I got them done when I had a csection on my last and if I could have gone back and got them untied again I would have! I have the worst ovulation pains ever from it since. This has eased off though since I had a hysterectomy (I believe they disintegrate or something after you have it). Very heavy periods and the WORST mood swings of my life. I know people say they were grand from it but based on my experience it would be the last thing I'd be recommending.
Aphex

#18 Post by Aphex »

I listened to the podcast Cocorose linked to a few weeks ago and it's an eye-opener re. the poor rates of vasectomy here compared to other European countries, where it's a completely standard procedure. Dr. Ryan makes really good points on fertility and women's health in general (though - separate issue - I felt her views on breastfeeding were really ill-informed could undermine some women. It's important for many women to breastfeed and they should be supported to do that as much as they are supported to do other things. She could have put more emphasis here on the man/partner sharing workload in a similar way that she made the made the point that it's important to share the responsibility for contraception)
These users thanked the author Aphex for the post:
CocoRose
CocoRose

#19 Post by CocoRose »

Aphex, having had such a hard start with breastfeeding I am so glad no one talked me out of it, long term breastfeeding it is one of the experiences in life I know I'll treasure forever. So yes I agree, while also agreeing there needs to be a balance in these conversations to allow for people to opt out without damaging their wellbeing or torturing themselves over the decision, I definitely feel I enjoyed so many benefits from the breastfeeding hormones four times over, briefly getting the mirena coil after number 4 proved that to me, it was a big mistake for me as it threw out all the happy hormones almost instantly! Best thing I had for breastfeeding was an equal partner who supported it and my camping out on the couch half the day under babies.
These users thanked the author CocoRose for the post (total 2):
MaudGonneAphex
Aruba

#20 Post by Aruba »

Yes I had it done during my last C section. I never looked back. No side effects

Return to “Advice/Anon”