HSE Clerical Officer application

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Info

HSE Clerical Officer application

#1 Post by Info »

I applied for a clerical officer two years ago and never heard anything after my application.
I was surprised as I put a lot of work into it.
I have applied again during the current campaign. I got an acknowledgement of my application.
Do they let you know if you dont get past the application stage?
Any info appreciated.

Unnamed poster 6

Re: HSE Clerical Officer application

#2 Post by Unnamed poster 6 »

I applied for something years ago (didnt proceed with it) and I got an email of acknowledgement and then an email inviting me to the next stage.
I applied for a campaign just before lockdown and got an acknowledgment but I presume nothing is proceeding now. Not sure if that's any help!

MonkeyBars

#3 Post by MonkeyBars »

In 2016 I applied for a hse clerical officer position. I only got notification when I was being called for an interview - it was very weird - k got on the panel - the then would email everyone offering a position - you emailed back if you were interested and the person nearest the top got it. Suppose it’s pribaly not weird cause if it was out far and you were next on the panel you could hold off for somewhere nearer
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Lady Madonna

#4 Post by Lady Madonna »

There is a long running thread on boards.ie about it. I applied a few years ago, got good marks in the aptitude test and then when they sent me the stage 2 application I decided to withdraw from it as the starting salary was low and when I considered childcare, diesel and parking costs it wouldn't be worth my while.

A staff officer grade 4 panel came up with a bit more money and opportunities so I applied for that in 2017 and had an interview 2 years later. I didn't get past the interview stage, totally my own fault I wasn't prepared enough and had no idea how much detail they would look for plus my nerves got the better of me. Totally my own fault but it was a valuable lesson in how prepared I should be for an interview. People I spoke to who did pass the interview stage are still on the panel anyway, there were very few substantial job offers so I wouldn't be pinning all my hopes on it but at the same time it's no harm to be on a panel and see what offers come your way.

MonkeyBars

#5 Post by MonkeyBars »

Try for the civil service - it’s much bigger and more opportunities. I started 3 years ago as a CO then got EO and am a HEO now
Never under any circumstances take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Return to “Advice/Anon”