Klinefelter syndrome

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Help urgent
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Klinefelter syndrome

#1 Post by Help urgent »

Hi
Im a regular user gone anon.
Im pregnant and got the harmony bloods done just to see all was ok but just got a call from senior member at the hospital to say bloods have come back as baby having Klinefelter syndrome.
They said an anmio would confirm for sure but they cant do it at the minute with the coronavirus.

Im just wondering has anyone any experience of this. My first reaction is thinking of terminating which i thought i would never do but im in the middle of battling for our youngest to get services who has additional needs and im scared to deal with all this. Only thing is i dont know how i will go about this here in Ireland and during the coronavirus.

Zeb

Re: Klinefelter syndrome

#2 Post by Zeb »

I am so sorry you are going through this. I have some experience of the anxiety you’re probably feeling.
Could you try some private clinics for the amnio?

Woolly

#3 Post by Woolly »

I’m so sorry you are in this position. I’ve no experience of it myself but hope other posters here can help in some way. Thinking of you xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LucyS

#4 Post by LucyS »

I don't have any experience here but Klinefelter Syndrome is a mild syndrome and most of those who have it don't even know it.

Vino

#5 Post by Vino »

I'm sorry to hear this. I've no experience, it seems like it's not a well known condition maybe you could also post somewhere like mumsnet and reach a larger audience?
Have the hospital offered you any appointment to discuss your options further?

ali

#6 Post by ali »

Hope you can get access to proper medical advice. I think it is very unfair for any of us to start posting our opinions on a syndrome. The op needs proper medicsl support not peoples personal opinions from dr. google.
These users thanked the author ali for the post:
charliesangel

ainm2

#7 Post by ainm2 »

The well woman clinic or similar might be able to advise the best options open to you?

Help urgent
Has thanked: 0

#8 Post by Help urgent »

Thank you all for your help. The only problem is im turning 12 weeks so i dont know whether i will make it in time for a termination.

Has anyone here any experience of a termination in Ireland.

Return to “Advice/Anon”