Meeting someone after breakup

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Lonely planet
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Meeting someone after breakup

#1 Post by Lonely planet »

How many ladies have managed to meet someone or know someone (female) who is separated or divorced and met someone else.
I'm terrified of being alone for the rest of my life and not ever having a loving relationship in my life - never had any loving one to begin with it could be argued.
Bubbles

Re: Meeting someone after breakup

#2 Post by Bubbles »

My friend is engaged to a guy she met online. She is divorced. I think the site was Plenty of Fish. She met a few frogs along the way but met this guy who is really lovely.
Last edited by Bubbles on Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EmilyBronte

#3 Post by EmilyBronte »

I know two in my close friends/ family.
Grasscutter

#4 Post by Grasscutter »

My Dad met someone at the age of 74. He was widower and she’s separated. She’s about 70 I think. They are a lovely couple and together three years. She’d been separated a long time. I know you don’t want to wait that long but for me their story proves there is always hope. They met the old fashioned way - in a pub. :biggrin:
These users thanked the author Grasscutter for the post (total 2):
TinkyNDM
Betty27

#5 Post by Betty27 »

Both my parents remarried after they divorced. Both still happily married 9 years later.
I met someone after I separated. Hit a bit of a rocky patch and split up for 2 months. We're together again since December and happier and stronger than ever. We've been together over 2 years now. We have no intentions of getting married though.

Sent from my Redmi Note 5 using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Betty27 for the post:
Tinky
Lonely planet
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#6 Post by Lonely planet »

Thanks.
If you haven't met someone or you did and it didn't work out, please also feel free to comment.
I notice that quite a few of us HM have separated over the years.
Personally I'm not convinced that the odds are that good. I've seen a close friend go from disaster to disaster in romance. I am worried I myself will repeat past mistakes.
Everyone is bringing issues to the table at our age and decent, un attached non fuckwit as Bridget Jones men would say, are thin on the ground.
Moto Moto

#7 Post by Moto Moto »

I am divorced 5 years and separated over 10 years . I have a few relationships over the years . One for 3 years but I ended it as knew it could never go anywhere and there just wasn’t enough there etc on both sides . I had a 9 month intense relationship after that I thought was the one but lots of red flags early on so that ended but remained friends .

I was 18 months single and no intention of dating again when I met the love of my life . We are together over a year and I know he is the one and vice versa . It’s just so easy and uncomplicated and everything about it feels right . I never thought I would find someone like him . We had known each other a bit through work but got talking out socially one evening and the rest is history. We share the same views on life and are very similar it just works .

Will I marry again I have no idea but I am not opposed to it at all . But I don’t need it either I think In the future for more practical reasons I might consider it but of course have to be asked my sil got married yesterday 11 years after my brother died and it was lovely to see her so happy .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Moto Moto for the post (total 21):
BubblesGrouchoRuby TuesdaygeckoJilly the WinoPenny and 15 more users
purple star

#8 Post by purple star »

Wow Moto I remember your story so well. Delighted you've met the One!
To the OP I hope you will meet someone down the line. My sister met someone through work, but they are many counties apart with kids on both sides so while it's nice it's not exactly convenient. Maybe in the future it'll work better.
Iamsoneedy

#9 Post by Iamsoneedy »

That’s a lovely story Moto.
Unnamed poster 6

#10 Post by Unnamed poster 6 »

My neighbour did: she met someone at the gym and happy out ever since.
Another mum I know met someone too.
I hope it'll happen me!
StarryNight

#11 Post by StarryNight »

I know two people who married recently after divorce. One woman met a man via a night out with friends and the other met her husband online. And several others who are in casual or long term relationship.
tel

#12 Post by tel »

[quote="Moto Moto"]I am divorced 5 years and separated over 10 years . I have a few relationships over the years . One for 3 years but I ended it as knew it could never go anywhere and there just wasn’t enough there etc on both sides . I had a 9 month intense relationship after that I thought was the one but lots of red flags early on so that ended but remained friends .

I was 18 months single and no intention of dating again when I met the love of my life . We are together over a year and I know he is the one and vice versa . It’s just so easy and uncomplicated and everything about it feels right . I never thought I would find someone like him . We had known each other a bit through work but got talking out socially one evening and the rest is history. We share the same views on life and are very similar it just works .

Will I marry again I have no idea but I am not opposed to it at all . But I don’t need it either I think In the future for more practical reasons I might consider it but of course have to be asked my sil got married yesterday 11 years after my brother died and it was lovely to see her so happy .

Amazing update and so glad things have worked out for you. You so dererve this. Just blown away its been 10 years ..doesnt seem that long at all. WIshing you continued happiness and hope the boys both doing good
rosepetal

#13 Post by rosepetal »

My friend separated from her dh 4 years ago and at the time she was devastated. She definitely kissed a few frogs while trying online dating and was disappointed every time as tbh they were all only out for one thing. She then started dating a man she knew from work , he liked her for ages and finally plucked up the courage to ask her out and now 6 months on they are blissfully, sickeningly happy! She's so much happier than she was when she was married and he treats her much better than her ex ever did, I'm really glad for her.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk
SpottyLotty

#14 Post by SpottyLotty »

I'm separated since Jan 2015 and have not been in a relationship since and don't see one happening either.
I think I've resigned myself to being on my own for the rest of my life.
Rather that than having to endure yet another asshole........
wuzziwig

#15 Post by wuzziwig »

I met my partner online. We just hit if off instantly and are together over 4 years. It's a distance relationship but we make it work. It's tough at times but he's worth it. He is the complete opposite to my ex and we are so compatible in every way. Would I get married again? If he asked me in the morning I'd say yes. I have no doubt that he's the one for me. I couldn't be happier.
These users thanked the author wuzziwig for the post (total 4):
TinkymonetScorpioNDM

Return to “Advice/Anon”