Meeting someone after breakup

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Grasscutter

Re: Meeting someone after breakup

#121 Post by Grasscutter »

So, just the craic and out of curiosity I decided to join elite singles. The free version though I thought I might sign up for premium if it was any good. Clearly wasn’t paying attention when clicking or my fat thumbs got on the way because after ages and ages choosing my likes and dislikes, scenes that make me feel relaxed, passions, hobbies, good habits and bad habits, even getting two friends to choose the words that best describe me yada yada yada - I eventually finished setting up the profile and it’s only gone and matched me with a bunch of women!!!!! I mustn’t have paid attention when clicking the original bits. Now I love women but just don’t think I’d be into starting any sort of relationship like that with one. Can’t find anywhere in the app to change my preference so I’ll either have to delete the entire profile and start again or turn lesbian and at this point I’m not sure which one is less hassle.
These users thanked the author Grasscutter for the post (total 3):
IncognitoBimbleTinky

Tinky

#122 Post by Tinky »

This made me lol GC. Think becoming a lesbian would be easier on so many levels:) Keep us updated.

My update is that I’m kinda letting things fizzle out with the date, feels a bit weird not talking to him after so much contact over the last month but I just don’t think we are into each other enough. We are both crazy busy but I think if you want to see someone you will make it happen but neither of us are killing ourselves to make it so which is telling. I’m used to and like being pursued big time at the start of a relationship and he’s already being a bit lazy so no.

Keep getting matched with guys who turn out to be 30ish on Bumble and am now thinking feck it just go with it!;) I’m actually having a lovely chat with a 33 year old Garda, most normal fella out the lot of them. I even had a 20 year old the other day, jeez, wasn’t even put off by the fact I have a 16 year old DS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wuzziwig

#123 Post by wuzziwig »

Ah that's a pity Tinky but if it's not there it's not there.
But go you with the young lads!! I had loads of very very young guys message me when I was online. And some of them just wouldn't go away when you told them your son was was way closer in age to them than you are. I guess some guys like older women but it felt like arrest territory to me.

Grasscutter LOL. Could you email admin and ask if they can change gender for you. Be a pity to delete the profile after putting so much work into setting it up.

Tinky

#124 Post by Tinky »

There is definitely something there with the date, a lot of chemistry and I genuinely like him but it all feels like effort which it shouldn’t. I’ll stick to chatting up my young ones - there are loads out there as you say who like the ahem more mature woman. The 20 year old is arrest territory for sure but I’m going to continue talking with my 33 year old Guard. Judge all you want, he’s lovely;)

monet

#125 Post by monet »

Grasscutter wrote:So, just the craic and out of curiosity I decided to join elite singles. The free version though I thought I might sign up for premium if it was any good. Clearly wasn’t paying attention when clicking or my fat thumbs got on the way because after ages and ages choosing my likes and dislikes, scenes that make me feel relaxed, passions, hobbies, good habits and bad habits, even getting two friends to choose the words that best describe me yada yada yada - I eventually finished setting up the profile and it’s only gone and matched me with a bunch of women!!!!! I mustn’t have paid attention when clicking the original bits. Now I love women but just don’t think I’d be into starting any sort of relationship like that with one. Can’t find anywhere in the app to change my preference so I’ll either have to delete the entire profile and start again or turn lesbian and at this point I’m not sure which one is less hassle.
Maybe theres no men on the site!!what a swizz!!

wuzziwig

#126 Post by wuzziwig »

Tinky wrote:There is definitely something there with the date, a lot of chemistry and I genuinely like him but it all feels like effort which it shouldn’t. I’ll stick to chatting up my young ones - there are loads out there as you say who like the ahem more mature woman. The 20 year old is arrest territory for sure but I’m going to continue talking with my 33 year old Guard. Judge all you want, he’s lovely;)

Oooohhhh he'd be an expert with the handcuffs. ;) :lol:
These users thanked the author wuzziwig for the post (total 2):
BimbleTinky

Tinky

#127 Post by Tinky »

wuzziwig wrote:
Tinky wrote:There is definitely something there with the date, a lot of chemistry and I genuinely like him but it all feels like effort which it shouldn’t. I’ll stick to chatting up my young ones - there are loads out there as you say who like the ahem more mature woman. The 20 year old is arrest territory for sure but I’m going to continue talking with my 33 year old Guard. Judge all you want, he’s lovely;)

Oooohhhh he'd be an expert with the handcuffs. ;) :lol:
You filthy wench:)

Seriously ladies for an ego boost get yourselves over to Bumble.

Grasscutter

#128 Post by Grasscutter »

I joined bumble and the first guy that came up was my colleague’s ex. Too small a town for that app for me. .
These users thanked the author Grasscutter for the post (total 2):
Tinkytea

Tinky

#129 Post by Tinky »

Yeah I’m Dublin so a bit easier!

Newbody

#130 Post by Newbody »

I live very close to Dublin Airport - Bumble keeps matching me with travelling Americans :crazy1:

I like my personal space too much, just not sure I could be arsed putting in the effort!
"A woman in harmony with her spirit is like a river flowing. She goes where she will without pretense and arrives at her destination prepared to be herself and herself only."
#MayaAngelou

Tinky

#131 Post by Tinky »

That’s funny.

I’m enjoying the harmless flirting, if there’s a connection and they have the balls to phone and ask me I’ll go out with them as I like confident men but I’m quite sure with a lot of the guys on there it’s all talk.

Incognito

#132 Post by Incognito »

Go ladies! Good to see a few of you having some fun messing around on the apps. Grasscutter your dilemma is hilarious!!
I met my husband when I was 20. Am now 44 (I actually only found that out today, I had somehow forgotten and was assuming I was 43, was v cross with my DD when she told me!). I can't imagine the physical side with my body being so much older and mumsier, but also can't imagine being with an older dad bod!! My H is older than me but kept himself fairly fit and I wouldn't have even noticed his body changing over time. I feel very superficial but I imagine it like eating chips - if they slowly get cold as you're eating them you won't even notice, but if you were to eat a cold one off the counter it would be gross!

Tinky

#133 Post by Tinky »

I wouldn’t worry, every 2nd fella on Bumble even the older ones are mad into their fitness, you’d be hard pushed to find someone who doesn’t have a photo of themselves playing gaa or running. They have definitely kept themselves in better physical shape than me!!

Incognito

#134 Post by Incognito »

Tinky wrote:I wouldn’t worry, every 2nd fella on Bumble even the older ones are mad into their fitness, you’d be hard pushed to find someone who doesn’t have a photo of themselves playing gaa or running. They have definitely kept themselves in better physical shape than me!!

Interesting! Maybe it would inspire me to not be a slob!
These users thanked the author Incognito for the post:
Tinky

Tinky

#135 Post by Tinky »

Meeting the 33 year old to go dog walking on Sunday as he's working every night over the w/e. Forget the blog, I think I'll write a screenplay.
These users thanked the author Tinky for the post (total 3):
GrasscutterOvertherePenny

Return to “Advice/Anon”