Meeting someone after breakup

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
wuzziwig

Re: Meeting someone after breakup

#136 Post by wuzziwig »

Go Tinky! Love the dog walking date. It's different for sure.

Tinky

#137 Post by Tinky »

Would have preferred somewhere a bit more dimly lit alright but no point in going to a pub if he can't drink, doesn't seem fair.

Deise

#138 Post by Deise »

Tinky wrote:Would have preferred somewhere a bit more dimly lit alright but no point in going to a pub if he can't drink, doesn't seem fair.
Just HOW young is he? :lol:
These users thanked the author Deise for the post (total 7):
barneyrubbleVinoEmilyBrontePHILLIPABippityboppityboomagicray and one more user

Tinky

#139 Post by Tinky »

:lol: :lol: He's working Deise!! I'm not THAT bad
These users thanked the author Tinky for the post (total 3):
DeiseBippityboppitybooNancyDrew

Grasscutter

#140 Post by Grasscutter »

:lol:
Last edited by Grasscutter on Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

August

#141 Post by August »

Go you Tinky!

I joined Bumble two weeks ago too! Like Grasscutter, I’m geographically challenged. I think I need to move to Dublin.

Grasscutter

#142 Post by Grasscutter »

Waiting on a dog walking update please.

Tinky

Meeting someone after breakup

#143 Post by Tinky »

Sorry! He’s lovely, really down to earth and we a had a nice relaxed chat and I so would! but I don’t think he’s that into me or maybe he’s shyer than he comes across, I don’t know. I’d definitely go out with him again if he asked though - which means he won’t!!

Further update - he’s still texting but not saying much (although in fairness he is at work). Hmmm he still has potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Tinky for the post:
Overthere

Grasscutter

#144 Post by Grasscutter »

Well certainly sounds like it wasn’t a waste of time!

Tinky

#145 Post by Tinky »

I got my steps in if nothing else:)

Tinky

#146 Post by Tinky »

There was no hiding that there is an age difference though - he was out Saturday night and I asked him if it was a late one and he was like nah early enough was home by 3:)

These users thanked the author Tinky for the post (total 2):
Overtheremumto3

Tinky

#147 Post by Tinky »

Ok so the young one didn't go anywhere, not enough spark I guess, fizzled out. Going out with the first one this weekend, again not a long term thing, we've very different backgrounds and interests but I enjoy and am very relaxed in his company and we get on very well for now.

So.. to answer the OP's question after 2 months of reflection and dipping the toes back in, I'd say yes it is possible of course to meet the love of your life after a break up (see Wuzziwig) but online you are more likely that you will meet people less suited to you but attract you on a superficial level. Fine if you are looking for something casual but not for long-term. My own experience is that I haven't met or been approached by any weirdo's who have messed me around which I thought would be the case given some of the experiences mentioned here. I see the online thing as a trial run and practice for meeting someone more organically. If you can go and meet a complete stranger and chat to them then talking to someone you either already know or have a link with should be child's play!

CLBG

#148 Post by CLBG »

Almost scared to even say it here, but I'm thinking of dipping my toes in. Life is just too full of chores, routine, managing everything alone atm that I'd love a bit of fun / excitement, even if that's all it is. I would be ABSOLUTELY terrifed though. Had such a bad experience with XH.. it's definitely left scars. So good to read all your experiences as it's making me open up a bit to the idea!

GC that's hilarious about your profile. Tinky, am v impressed by your courage in all of this :-)

Tinky

#149 Post by Tinky »

That's exactly it CLBG, it takes me out of the mundane routine for a few hours - makes me feel like the me I was before I got married and was buried in someone else's needs so it has been worth it for that alone - it is a lovely feeling to know someone other than the kids (via their needs and wants) or my mum is thinking about me if only for a few minutes a day via a call or a few texts. A text asking me how my day went will never be unwelcome here.

I'm not without my scars but I unlike you didn't have trust stuff to contend with or was even treated particularly dreadfully by any boyfriend or H in my life so a little easier.

I work in a very front facing job so I meet new people a lot which I think helps as I'm not as daunted by that side of things.

Good luck, enjoy the experience.

wuzziwig

#150 Post by wuzziwig »

Great attitude to have Tinky. Enjoy the whole experience and you never know what could happen.

CLBG give it a go. It can do wonders for your confidence. I too had massive trust issues and I know when I first started chatting to my now partner I was very reserved and didn't open up to him for ages. He definitely has patience but he came from a very controlling relationship himself so he did have a little bit of insight as to where my head was at.

The light hearted flirting at the start is good fun and it does give you a confidence boost. As Tinky says a simple text enquiring how you are or how your day is going can do wonders for your mood. Give it a go. You can always delete your profile if it's not working for you.

Return to “Advice/Anon”