Help with a fine please

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Worried
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Help with a fine please

#1 Post by Worried »

I'm after getting a litter fine and I absolutely did not dump the item in question. It was an online order that went missing and the packaging has been found with my name and address in a different county to where I live. I have contacted them and obviously will appeal but would any feedback from anyone that has been through the process.

Thanks a million.
ali

Re: Help with a fine please

#2 Post by ali »

Most online orders require a signature? could you try and trace it back to the delivery truck as their paperwork wont have your signature as you didnt receive the item.
ID1OT

#3 Post by ID1OT »

Have you a record of any correspondence with the seller about non receipt? This would help prove your case.
These users thanked the author ID1OT for the post:
Swoon
Worried
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#4 Post by Worried »

I have a record of my emails about the missing item and I have also managed to get An Post customer services to send me an email confirming they never delivered the item. I'm just wondering if there is anything else I can get to help or if there are any tips. I only have 21 days before it must be paid and the earliest I can get anyone to look at it according to the person I spoke to earlier is Tuesday which will bring it down to 15. Are they usually very good in these cases or do they just say well your name was on it? I really don't have the money and the thoughts of spending weeks fighting it is making me sick.
Swoon

#5 Post by Swoon »

ali wrote:Most online orders require a signature? could you try and trace it back to the delivery truck as their paperwork wont have your signature as you didnt receive the item.
I've had parcels go missing where the driver has obviously ticked that it has been signed for when I wasn't even at the house, so this might not work!
Kemmy

#6 Post by Kemmy »

ID1OT wrote:Have you a record of any correspondence with the seller about non receipt? This would help prove your case.
Good idea. You’d be sorted if you can show you contacted the seller about non receipt.

Return to “Advice/Anon”