Grocery Shopping

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Tinky

Re: Grocery Shopping

#46 Post by Tinky »

About 650 a month for 1 adult, 2 teens and a tween. Mostly Lidl and some top up shops. Lots of fruit and berries here too. 1 pizza delivery per month costing around €30.

Apparently we never have any food though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Groucho

#47 Post by Groucho »

Deise wrote:I agree on the berries, it's just pointless buying them. I went to Lidl yesterday in afternoon where they had raspberries on offer for 89c, I literally just bought a full box of punnets, 12 in total, was the easiest way to buy them so that they weren't moving around in the box iykwim, anyway, 12 punnets came in to the house and we have 1 left in the fridge, and that's only because I hid it for my breakfast tomorrow.
Ha! I bought 6 of those today and they were hoovered up by 2 of my boys and my nephew in less than 5 minutes as I was unpacking the shopping. I got 3 max.

Dnwa
Has thanked: 0

#48 Post by Dnwa »

Millie wrote:Are we including toiletries, loo roll, cleaning products & wine? I did. Have to say I only buy strawberries & blueberries occasionally as they last two minutes in our house and are so expensive. Shivvy, I dunno how you do it on €100 per week.
Dunnes toilet roll 9 pk is 2.79
clothes Detergent 2.69 and its good
Dish tablets 2 euro
Any bleach or anti bac spray 1.00

Shampoos etc i wait and get them on offer all under 2.50 euro

So if you plan it well it doesnt add a huge amount on .

I dont but wine.

Dexter

#49 Post by Dexter »

2 ad & 4 kids (2 teens & eat a lot ) during the summer 200 a week all in aldi & maybe pop to the shop once in between but term time hopefully it’ll reduce even to 170 and no shop popping :lol:
Dd1 is mad into smoothies all summer for breakfast so the fruit bill is sky high .
Wine, toiletries are incl in that bill and generally we don’t do take away so it’s 7 dinners , I find I’m buying a lot of shite food tho this summer , boxes of ice pops , 3 pkts of choc croissants , 3/4 boxes of breakfast bars & now the younger kids are at the stage where if after a day or two all of that is gone ( which it is) they are giving out stink about it ! I’m going to go back to meal planning this week now as we are all back to school & cutting back on shite food.

Return to “Advice/Anon”