Advice please

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Not feeling right
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Advice please

#1 Post by Not feeling right »

I've not been feeling right for a while now. I'm finding I'm becoming very anxious above what I should and finding it very hard to cope. I've had a health issue that has compounded it. My DH I know has been worried about me and I do want to do something about it. We have VHI and I can see from the app there is phone counselling but I'm not sure how good it is or if it is worthwhile. Just wondering if anyone has any feedback about it. Thanks.
tippexile

Re: Advice please

#2 Post by tippexile »

I had very bad anxiety and I know the fear that is probably gripping you. I can remember the feeling in the pit of my stomach. I think it would be best for you to see ypur gp first. I know it can be hard to go and say what you are feeling. My dh had to come with me as my anxiety was so bad at the time. My gp was very helpful, I was put on mefication. I saw my gp every 2 weeks for a while and then I started cbt which really helped. If I can help in any way, please pm me.
These users thanked the author tippexile for the post:
Shelly
Bimble

#3 Post by Bimble »

I second the visit to the GP. Anxiety is dreadful and if left untreated it just escalates. There are also numerous physical symptoms which I would have been unaware of previously. Good luck.
Dnwa
Has thanked: 0

#4 Post by Dnwa »

I am really sorry your feeling like this.

I would start with a trip to the doctor get a full set of bloods done and possibly a mild anti depressants. This will help just take the edge off your anxiety and give you time to work through the triggers with some counselling.

The bloods will just check somethings not off like your b12 or thyroid and this is how its presenting .

Small things you can do in the mean time that I find very helpful .
Cut all Alcohol , Coffee, Tea, sugars this will all exaggerate your feelings .
Drinking plenty of water and getting out for a hour even just to potter round the shop.
Journaling and todo list . I write out how im feeling or whats going on in my head .
Writing todo list as it helps me organise my mind and weigh up whats important.

Return to “Advice/Anon”