Medical warning TMI

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
bit worried
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Medical warning TMI

#1 Post by bit worried »

Hi
Im a regular poster gone anon. dont even know why Im anon but this is more than a bit TMI and I might be just being silly.

REason for worry - 5 years ago had slight bleeding after sex on one occasion. Cin1 on punch biobsy (smear was clear) nothing to worry about. Gynae Felt bleeding had nothing to do with CIN 1 and more to do with menstrual cycle. Went and had a baby when back at the colcospy clinic a year later, still some abnormalities visuallised but was deemed to be improved. Smear was clear and as was HPV test so no treatment required. Have recently had my 3 year smear and am awaiting results.

Had a bit of a realisation yesterday, is that after sex, I am having dark grey/blackish discharge - definately noticed it a good few months ago (but definately not every time! but then not an awful lot happening in that department so I couldn't be sure as to when it started or if it is every time.). Discharge is only visable on pad and probably only over night, nothing on wiping etc. (told you it was a bit TMI). Have googled and am freaking out majorily as is a potential sign of Cervical Cancer. Also have a mirena and am 46 so know both of these could be causes. Have an appointment with GP next week.
Anybody else.

thanks
mmum

Re: Medical warning TMI

#2 Post by mmum »

No experience, but can you get to see gynae instead of going to your GP, or would your GP examine you?

And keep away from google!
Goingagain

#3 Post by Goingagain »

I have had some bleeding after sex in the past, like yourself lots of smears, examinations and procedures that were clear and they put it down to erosion of the cervix, nearly like wear and tear..

As above keep away from google, don't panic just yet, go to your appointment, GP will more than likely refer you to a maternity hospital anyway. Best of luck
Apple

#4 Post by Apple »

I had the same and after loads of investigations it is erosion of the cervix too.
Elsie

#5 Post by Elsie »

and also check its nothing to do with discharge after sex as in not from your partner.... he may need to get checked out or may not be necessary if he uses condoms.
Kmum

#6 Post by Kmum »

Get yourself in for another colposcopy. In my case there is/was blood every time on wiping but no discoloured discharge. Large amt of abnormal cells visible during colposcopy. Surgical biopsies came back low range changes. Also negative for HPV and smear came back clear. However most recent punch biopsy was clear so I’ve been told 6mthly colposcopies for the rest of my days. In my case it’s vaginal walls so the only treatment is surgical and would have life long implications plan is to leave things as they are and monitor.

So I wouldn’t panic, get it checked out for sure, but possibly linked to your earlier history and hopefully just needs to be monitored. My consultant said my issues would never have been picked up on a smear. If you’re able to go private call your gp tomorrow and get a referral, I was seen within a couple of days

Return to “Advice/Anon”