Car insurance

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Need your help
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Car insurance

#1 Post by Need your help »

Our car insurance is being cancelled today at 5pm because they state the never received the direct debit for which I posted two weeks ago.

This now leave me with no car over Christmas because I can’t afford another deposit for an insurance company.

Can’t afford to take the risk to drive without it so I’m stuck at home all over Christmas with 3 kids
January

Re: Car insurance

#2 Post by January »

Can they not send you the form by email to print, sign and rescan back to them?
Offering wedding, funeral, baby naming, and other threshold ceremonies.

www.adrieannemcdermott.ie
January

#3 Post by January »

Or do they have an office you can go to sign one this evening? This could have serious implications in finding a new insurer because they ask if you've ever had a policy cancelled for any reason when signing up for new insurance.

Penny

#4 Post by Penny »

January wrote:Can they not send you the form by email to print, sign and rescan back to them?
Was just going to say that. I would try to get it sorted before 5pm.
Dax

#5 Post by Dax »

Agree with previous posters, if you can get this sorted before 5 you'll save yourself a world of trouble. Are they saying they didn't receive payment or they didn't receive the DD instruction. could you take a photo of a DD form and email it to the office? Or ask them is there anyway they can postpone the cancellation until Monday to give you time to get it sorted?
How much notice of cancellation did they give you?
Need your help

#6 Post by Need your help »

I have been on hold with them and at 4;45 I received the cancellation letter through email.
January

#7 Post by January »

They should return your deposit to you. My sister had a policy cancelled for the same reason and they returned the deposit.

Need your help

#8 Post by Need your help »

I’m supposed to bring the kids to see Santa in Meath tomorrow and now obviously can’t. I’m devestated for them.
Lady Madonna

#9 Post by Lady Madonna »

was it a direct debit or did you post it? some insurers are open on Saturdays maybe the cancellation letter was automatically generated but I'd try and contact them first thing in the morning.

it's unfortunate being stuck in tomorrow unable to drive but the alternative is much worse, if you're caught without insurance or involved in an incident you'll have much bigger problems. I hope you get sorted

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Superwhy

#10 Post by Superwhy »

Have you received a 7 day cancellation letter. They can’t cancel a policy without giving you notice.
ali

#11 Post by ali »

I dont fully understand, did you miss a direct debit and then post off the missing amount and they're saying they never received it? It was a pity you didnt put the amount in your bank a/c and ring them with your debit card as the payment would have been instant. Going forward if you get no good response then monday morning ring up one of the insurance broker companys and explain your situation, they should be able to set you up with new insurance/negotiate a deal for you, now they do take a cut of course so your premium will be a bit higher but missed ddebits for car insurance are a big no no with most of the insurance companies if your trying to deal with them direct.

Would def try ringing them this morning, most insurers will have customer care lines open till 1pm today.

Return to “Advice/Anon”