Credit card payments

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Husbands debt
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Credit card payments

#1 Post by Husbands debt »

Hi,
So my husband has credit card debt and we received a letter from a debt collection agency. I am going to take control of paying off the debt. They have said he can pay by on online transfer. Can I do this from my account. It's in my maiden name so a completely different name than what on the account.

Will they accept this payment or question it?
fourarms

Re: Credit card payments

#2 Post by fourarms »

Husbands debt wrote:Hi,
So my husband has credit card debt and we received a letter from a debt collection agency. I am going to take control of paying off the debt. They have said he can pay by on online transfer. Can I do this from my account. It's in my maiden name so a completely different name than what on the account.

Will they accept this payment or question it?
You would need to have a reference from the credit card company i'd imagine, so that they can apply the payment to the correct credit card account. But other than that, it shouldn't be a problem.
Unnamed poster 7

#3 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
Unnamed poster 3

#4 Post by Unnamed poster 3 »

Ignore the debt collector, they have no rights. The credit card company simply got frustrated and sold on your debt. If you are going to start paying it off which of course is the best option then set up a standing order directly to the credit card company be they tesco or mbna or whomever is out there now and clear it off that way. Set up the payment then call them directly with the payment plan and tell them to get your name removed from the debt collectors list. I assume it is a shark like cabot financial or the like but ignore them completely and deal directly with the credit card company is my advice.
RedHen

#5 Post by RedHen »

I'm guessing a credit card company would take payments from any account if it pays down a debt. Just enter the card/account number as a reference on the online payment and it will be allocated to your husband's card.

Return to “Advice/Anon”