How would you deal with this?

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
mammy
Been thanked: 0

Re: How would you deal with this?

#46 Post by mammy »

Hi felicity
Sorry to bump this up again but just regarding your relations situation can i advise one family member be there for her at least. Don't judge her decisions, meet her and be part of her life, if or when she decides to make a break this will be the person she turns to. It's not easy but it works when you think the whole world is against you and your choices to just have one person to turn to. X
To Molson I think you have a great relationship with your daughter. I dont think you or her would be thanked in the long run if you got involved at this stage but at least she knows if her friend needs to talk she can come to you. X
felicity

#47 Post by felicity »

mammy wrote:Hi felicity
Sorry to bump this up again but just regarding your relations situation can i advise one family member be there for her at least. Don't judge her decisions, meet her and be part of her life, if or when she decides to make a break this will be the person she turns to. It's not easy but it works when you think the whole world is against you and your choices to just have one person to turn to. X
To Molson I think you have a great relationship with your daughter. I dont think you or her would be thanked in the long run if you got involved at this stage but at least she knows if her friend needs to talk she can come to you. X
She knows we are there for her when all this blows up in her face. We have just stopped advising her because she doesn't want to hear it.
These users thanked the author felicity for the post:
mammy
molson

#48 Post by molson »

Just to update as it was bumped up, the relationship has already fizzled out.. there were some issues over the bank holiday weekend where my dds friend saw his true colours and thankfully has drifted away from him. Looking back had I stepped in I think I would have escalated the situation and probably made it worse so I'm glad I stayed on the sidelines, had dd asked me to speak to her friend or if she thought she was getting swept into the drugs scene then I would have stepped in, but quietly observing and trusting my dds opinion worked this time. Both dd and her friends are enjoying the last few weeks of summer now before settling down to 6th year.. I think this was one life lesson they had to figure out themselves and it worked out grand this time... I've no doubt there will be another drama around the corner !! Terrible 2s aren't a patch on this phase !

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author molson for the post (total 6):
CarnaptuamammymumtoaapachecassieLouisemarie2

Return to “Advice/Anon”