Boss giving me the creeps

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Supermaman

Re: Boss giving me the creeps

#31 Post by Supermaman »

I am not suggesting the OP CONFRONTS the person. one should be able to tell someone in a calm manner that they don't appreciate their 'humour'.
These users thanked the author Supermaman for the post:
DiscoGirl

DiscoGirl

#32 Post by DiscoGirl »

Supermaman wrote:I am not suggesting the OP CONFRONTS the person. one should be able to tell someone in a calm manner that they don't appreciate their 'humour'.
Exactly this

Anontoday
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#33 Post by Anontoday »

Thanks again all.

I think by my manner, he knows I do not appreciate his behaviour. On Thursday, he was walking behind me and came up very close to me. I said, "do you mind" and he proceeded until I got to his desk. He's vile :crybaby:

Our department is small. I am concerned that I'll still have to work with him.

There is no way this guy has not been reported before. The dept. Is predominately female. We run a student programme and three of the women with children of that age have made it very clear that they want their daughters assigned to different departments, away from him.

Comments were made by some that the summer is here. He said "i'll be in my element with half naked young wans walking around " :stern: .....someone said "you are vile" and he seemed to brush it off.

Some great advice. Maybe because I have daughters, I feel very concerned for the younger trainees.

HeyJude

#34 Post by HeyJude »

If he is banned from christmas parties then the company are well aware of his behaviour. I think the only way to get anything to change is to report him (have all your ducks in a row though with documentation, emails, times, dates etc.). Also speak to your colleagues and encourage them to also report. If there is a constant queue outside the door of HR to report him they may sit up and take notice.

Iamsoneedy

#35 Post by Iamsoneedy »

anonfortoday wrote:I have a feeling one of my younger colleagues will report him. She has now got to the stage where she will not participate in dress down Fridays due to his leers, etc. She gave me the impression she would like me to back her up, which I will.

What bothers me is, his behaviour seems to be tolerated. He is "unofficially" barred from Xmas work parties, due to his behaviour. Complaints have obviously been made about him in the past, yet he is still here.
I missed that. If he has been banned from the Xmas party the company are aware of the issue and they are beyond lax if they haven't disciplined him.

Sally

#36 Post by Sally »

Anontoday wrote:Thank you all.

I feel that he is protected in some way and there has to have been a complaint made about him before.

He is "barred" from all Xmas parties, social events. He felt a young trainee up and made disgusting comments to her about 5 years ago (before my time) and rumour has it, she made a complaint. :rolleyes: . Yet, he is still here and his behaviour is sill deplorable. I have been told he has "toned it down" a little.
I would not assume that the company are ignoring the situation, or condoning the behavior.
You state that it’s “rumored”, so it’s quite possible that no complaint was made at all.

Or it’s possible that a verbal complaint was made , but the employee would not put the complaint in writing. And a company cannot discipline an employee without a formal complaint followed by a formal investigation process and then a formal disciplinary process. The company’s hands can be tied if someone won’t formalise the complaint.

Or , maybe a complaint was put in writing, formally investigated, but no witnesses were able or willing to confirm the incident, in which case it could not be concluded that the incident happened. And, if a complaint cannot be upheld, no action can be taken.

From what you say, there are many witnesses this time to his frequent inappropriate comments, so it will be easily corroborated.

mrsfudge

#37 Post by mrsfudge »

Laxatives in his coffee
These users thanked the author mrsfudge for the post:
Jazzberry

tgirl

#38 Post by tgirl »

Anontoday wrote:Thank you all.

I feel that he is protected in some way and there has to have been a complaint made about him before.

He is "barred" from all Xmas parties, social events. He felt a young trainee up and made disgusting comments to her about 5 years ago (before my time) and rumour has it, she made a complaint. :rolleyes: . Yet, he is still here and his behaviour is sill deplorable. I have been told he has "toned it down" a little.
It may just be (as someone already said) that the company need a complaint in writing to go ahead with disciplinary action.

DiscoGirl

#39 Post by DiscoGirl »

Anontoday wrote:Thanks again all.

I think by my manner, he knows I do not appreciate his behaviour. On Thursday, he was walking behind me and came up very close to me. I said, "do you mind" and he proceeded until I got to his desk. He's vile :crybaby:

Our department is small. I am concerned that I'll still have to work with him.

There is no way this guy has not been reported before. The dept. Is predominately female. We run a student programme and three of the women with children of that age have made it very clear that they want their daughters assigned to different departments, away from him.

Comments were made by some that the summer is here. He said "i'll be in my element with half naked young wans walking around " :stern: .....someone said "you are vile" and he seemed to brush it off.

Some great advice. Maybe because I have daughters, I feel very concerned for the younger trainees.

If he was that close to me he would have gotten an elbow into the chest

Return to “Advice/Anon”