In love with my cousin

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Kensington

Re: In love with my cousin

#31 Post by Kensington »

Gypsy wrote:I know first cousins who are married and they were both called after their grandfather so they have the male and female derivatives of the same name.
The ones I know, the woman was called after the man's father (her uncle) and grandfather so was called after her father in law.
bingbong
Has thanked: 0

#32 Post by bingbong »

This post has been an eye opener. I had assumed that being in love with a cousin was a complete no-no and in the arena of incest (sorry OP, just what I had always believed - obviously misinformed!)
Now that I can see that it's not and especially now that you are both past your baby making days, then I would say that love is love. And go for it.
I wish you both all the best. I think you owe it to yourselves to see it to it's conclusion and whether that is it fizzling out or it ending in the love of your lives, I think you should go after it.
From reading other posts and assuming there are more people in the country as misinformed as I am, you should probably be tuned into the possibility of fallout from family but that could come anyway from looking sideways at a family member so I wouldn't let that dictate.
Let us know...
These users thanked the author bingbong for the post:
Elsie
Froggie
Been thanked: 0

#33 Post by Froggie »

I’m totally blown away by all the support, thanks to each and every one of you who have replied!
Well, my ticket is booked! I’m going to see him in the summer. We’ll enjoy our time together and see where it takes us. As was said above it could very well fizzle out and we both know if that happens we’ll still be the best of friends. Neither of us think it will though. If it does work out and we decide to make a go of it we’re going to take our time and not rush into telling people.
As an aside there are other members of our family who are second cousins and married and there was no fall out from that so fingers crossed it will be the same for us. I might actually have a chat with this couple and ask them for some advice too. They were also past their baby making days so maybe that softens the blow. Here’s hoping x
Froggie
Been thanked: 0

#34 Post by Froggie »

I’m totally blown away by all the support, thanks to each and every one of you who have replied!
Well, my ticket is booked! I’m going to see him in the summer. We’ll enjoy our time together and see where it takes us. As was said above it could very well fizzle out and we both know if that happens we’ll still be the best of friends. Neither of us think it will though. If it does work out and we decide to make a go of it we’re going to take our time and not rush into telling people.
As an aside there are other members of our family who are second cousins and married and there was no fall out from that so fingers crossed it will be the same for us. I might actually have a chat with this couple and ask them for some advice too. They were also past their baby making days so maybe that softens the blow. Here’s hoping x
Howiya Ma

#35 Post by Howiya Ma »

Best of luck anyway, OP :)
Hokeypokey

#36 Post by Hokeypokey »

Ooh, best of luck!
femalevictormeldrew1

#37 Post by femalevictormeldrew1 »

Best of luck to both of you xx
Tinky

#38 Post by Tinky »

Aren't we genetically predisposed to find a mate similar to us and are attracted to those with similar features? Think I read this somewhere anyway so it would make sense that we could be attracted to our cousins.
Sally

#39 Post by Sally »

Best of luck with it!

And sure, if marrying first cousins was a no-no, half the European Royal families would have died out decades ago! ;)
These users thanked the author Sally for the post (total 3):
CapricornTinkykili
Tinky

#40 Post by Tinky »

Good luck op! :coeur2:
Kensington

#41 Post by Kensington »

Sally wrote:Best of luck with it!

And sure, if marrying first cousins was a no-no, half the European Royal families would have died out decades ago! ;)
The Hapsburgs had no problem with uncles marrying nieces - a papal dispensation sorted everything out. It ended badly though.

The Queen of England and Prince Philip are cousins (third maybe?)
Scorpio

#42 Post by Scorpio »

Pseudonym wrote:Not illegal at all - I think marrying a second cousin is bizarrely though but that was only something at the back of my mind from studies years ago.
Also would not be telling anyone in case it is a case of genetic attraction rather than actual real 'love'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction
A tragic end to one of the stories on that wiki page http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rents.html
Elsie

#43 Post by Elsie »

delighted for you... lots of chats before then and a holiday to boot! enjoy and please let us know how you get on! x
Unnamed poster5

#44 Post by Unnamed poster5 »

Scorpio wrote:
Pseudonym wrote:Not illegal at all - I think marrying a second cousin is bizarrely though but that was only something at the back of my mind from studies years ago.
Also would not be telling anyone in case it is a case of genetic attraction rather than actual real 'love'. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Genetic_sexual_attraction
A tragic end to one of the stories on that wiki page http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... rents.html
Tragic yes but he had a child with his own daughter? THAT i would judge. That disgusted me reading it.
These users thanked the author Unnamed poster5 for the post (total 2):
ElsieScorpio
Mrs Ems

#45 Post by Mrs Ems »

I'm delighted for you Froggie. I didn't get a chance to give my advise but it would have been the same as everyone else's. You are not hurting anyone so go for it. You've absolutely nothing to lose. Have a fab time and come back and tell us how it went x

Return to “Advice/Anon”