Think I'm Depressed

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Happybutsad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Think I'm Depressed

#1 Post by Happybutsad »

I don't know if I really am or not. I've nothing to feel sad about really but I do. I feel like I'm snapping at the kids all the time and it's not fair on them. I just feel sad and down beat. I've no energy. I just have no motivation.

I feel like people will laugh if I tell them I feel this way because they'll say I've nothing to be depressed about.

I don't even know if I'm looking for advice just an outlet.

Clara

Re: Think I'm Depressed

#2 Post by Clara »

Would you talk to your GP maybe? Are you taking good care of your physical health?

Riam

#3 Post by Riam »

Firstly, depression often isn't related to what's going on in your life. Depression just is. If you've been sad most of the day every day, and you're taking little interest in things, and aren't taking pleasure in your life, and have been that way for more than two weeks, you may have depression.

It's worth talking to your GP, if your GP is easy to talk to. If not, depending on your area, there are a lot of mental health charities where you can go and just have a chat, and even if you don't have depression, just talking to someone may help. Dealing with it now is important, rather than letting it drag on. You deserve to take pleasure in your life.
These users thanked the author Riam for the post (total 2):
Driven Dementedjammymammy

tippexile

#4 Post by tippexile »

As above, depression can happen to anyone at anytime. It doesn't need a specific reason to rear it's head. Talk to your gp. Don't ignore your gut feeling and let this continue. You deserve to feel happy.

Angel

#5 Post by Angel »

I have had depression at some of the happiest times of my life and no depression at the saddest. It doesn’t always matter what’s happening around you. Go see your GP and have a chat. It could be something as simple as a vitamin D deficiency (I have had that and it does cause low mood). A lot of us are lacking in it. I know it’s hard to get motivated but exercise really lifts mood too.

Return to “Advice/Anon”