Ticket Quandry

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Kowalski

Re: Ticket Quandry

#31 Post by Kowalski »

Mrs chic wrote::29:
20 days to payday and stick for money...
Entertaining thread of another money plea from an anonymous spammer looking for donations from nice people.
Surely the administrator can stop this ingenious scam?

:withstupid:
January

#32 Post by January »

Entertaining thread of another money plea from an anonymous spammer looking for donations from nice people.
Scammers looking for money from nice people usually have a bit more of an inventive story than 'I spent 400 on tickets for my daughter and her mate and now I'm stuck for money'...
These users thanked the author January for the post (total 3):
Lady Madonnasnow-whiteHappymammy
Offering wedding, funeral, baby naming, and other threshold ceremonies.

www.adrieannemcdermott.ie
Sally

#33 Post by Sally »

shakey wrote:My reading is the other parent didn’t ask but it was offered?

I personally wouldn’t offer to pay for something at that or any price unless I could wait a few days for the money. If I needed the money straight up I’d have said so.
This.
I would absolutely pay money back immediately if I owed it, and I don't think it's usual for the other mother to assume she can pay it "whenever". But if i wanted it back immediately, I'd say so.

But, if I were so low on savings , that I didn't have money to pay for tickets AND allow my DD go to a disco that she planned to go to, then I absolutely wouldn't be offering to pay anyone else's bills.
In fact, I'd go so far as to say, that if I didn't have money to see me through to the end of the month, indeed the end of the next few months, comfortably I certainly wouldn't be paying €200 for my DD to attend a concert, never mind the friend. Mad.

If you're broke, just ask for it . It's easy.
Ticket Quandry
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#34 Post by Ticket Quandry »

10 days to pay day (her DH's not my pay day). Not 20, that was a typo!!!!!
I'm certainly not looking for money from ANYBODY!! Mrs Chic
Tickets were bought on my debit card so money was taken there and then.
She is struggling, not ME.
I'm just a bit miffed at myself to be honest, I assumed I would be paid straight away.
Milo

#35 Post by Milo »

I think you are way way off the mark here in this case. Op isn't pleading for money.
Cocktail

#36 Post by Cocktail »

Bippityboppityboo wrote:
Dobble wrote:
Ticket Quandry wrote:not a lot I can do, I know.
Rubbing salt into the would are images of them out at lunch, in coffee bars and DD telling me that her BF is going to a disco next week. I've told DD she cannot go because of the expense. Here I am out €200 for the next 20 days (at least)
End of the month is next week though so not 20 days
No it's not...
I get paid monthly and it's 10 days away (Wednesday week). Credit card must be paid by 5th (15 days).
Howiya Ma

#37 Post by Howiya Ma »

Bippityboppityboo wrote:
Dobble wrote:
Ticket Quandry wrote:not a lot I can do, I know.
Rubbing salt into the would are images of them out at lunch, in coffee bars and DD telling me that her BF is going to a disco next week. I've told DD she cannot go because of the expense. Here I am out €200 for the next 20 days (at least)
End of the month is next week though so not 20 days
No it's not...
Many companies pay on the 23rd or the last Friday which means 'when dh gets paid' could be in 5 days time

If I was so broke couldnt wait 5 days to 2 weeks to be paid back I wouldn't be shelling out e200 for tickets for other people's kids
anothermum

#38 Post by anothermum »

I wonder did the child ask her mum could she go and mum said yes but I won't be able to pay for tickets until payday and that was missed in the communication you got. The 'are you sure' is unusual.

I have bought and had tickets bought and have always offered to pay immediately. It's a funny comment and makes me wonder. If you are stuck for the money ring her and explain that things are tight and could she give you the money sooner. It went on your debit not credit card.
Shivvy

#39 Post by Shivvy »

Admin will certainly not be doing anything as this is not a scam. Its someone talking about a situation outside HM - not asking HMs for money.
I think you may need to assess how you read into threads incorrectly.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Shivvy for the post (total 12):
Januarysnow-whiteHalfalumpAprilBippityboppitybooangrybird and 6 more users
Ticket Quandry
Been thanked: 0

#40 Post by Ticket Quandry »

I replied earlier but not sure if I submitted correctly.
I’m certainly not looking for handouts, and I never said I was broke.
I made a typo 20 days instead of “10” days, it’s when her DH is being paid, not my pay date.

I guess I’m just a bit annoyed at myself more than anything, lesson learnt I won’t make the same mistake again.
Dobble

#41 Post by Dobble »

I think I'd be very annoyed but would leave it be til the pay day date and hopefully she will contact you straight away with it
Off topic slightly but I think if my teens wanted to go somewhere costing that much they would be made contribute to it, €200 is a lot of money.
Starryeyedsurprise

#42 Post by Starryeyedsurprise »

Ah come on ffs :lol:
janeymac

#43 Post by janeymac »

Ticket Quandry wrote:10 days to pay day (her DH's not my pay day).
Tickets were bought on my debit card so money was taken there and then.
She is struggling, not ME.
I'm just a bit miffed at myself to be honest, I assumed I would be paid straight away.
You offered to buy the tickets, she asked were you sure and you said yes. You should have said 'yes, but I'lm buying on my debit card and need the money back immediately'.
If she is struggling and you are not, then what is the issue with waiting 10 days for the money?
I don't see why you're miffed if you didn't make clear beforehand you expected immediate payment. It sounds like she couldn't have afforded to buy the ticket right then and you offered to help with no conditionu attached.
I actually think it's a bit mean as you know she is struggling, you are not struggling you say and you will get paid in 10 days...
SpottyLotty

#44 Post by SpottyLotty »

Iamsoneedy wrote:I’d just make sure you will be paid at the end of the month tbh. ‘Thanks, you’re very good’ sounds like something you’d say to someone who gave you a present!
That's exactly what I thought when I read the post.
Working Mum

#45 Post by Working Mum »

I think if the other parent had €200 on the day to hand over, she would have just bought the ticket for her daughter herself. The text asking "are you sure" was, to me, confirming that the OP was in a position on that day to pay the €200 and it didn't read to me that it would be paid back then and there.

Chalk it up to experience.
These users thanked the author Working Mum for the post:
Sally

Return to “Advice/Anon”