My hubby's online behaviour

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Starryeyedsurprise
Has thanked: 0

Re: My hubby's online behaviour

#61 Post by Starryeyedsurprise »

Raving wrote:
Capricorn wrote:
Raving wrote:This is happening to me, as in I'm the person a man who is married is constantly liking and commenting on all of my posts. I am no stunner FWIW and have certainly never knowingly uploaded a swimwear pic! It's actually a dad from school which makes it worse, loads of people have commented about it to me. A while ago I put him on restricted on FB, I am sure he has noticed as he is on FB 24/7 but he hasn't said anything. His wife is lovely, it's all v embarrassing.
Why don't you just unfriend him.
Because I know he'd ask me about it publicly and I don't feel comfortable talking about it in front of people.He also has a big mouth so if I said anything to him privately I know well half the village would hear about it. We see each other every day twice a day at school and at afterschool stuff & sports. Our children are friends. I decided to deal with it this way- shoot me.

I don't want to go into what he was saying specifically but the general theme would be over familiar and flirty. I have never engaged with these comments.
I agree with you Raving. Blocking him would cause more grief.

DiscoGirl

#62 Post by DiscoGirl »

Raving I can totally understand why you are dealing with it the way you are , you are giving him control ,and he knows this

Raving

#63 Post by Raving »

CountryChic wrote:Raving I can totally understand why you are dealing with it the way you are , you are giving him control ,and he knows this
I have no idea what this means? What control does he have?
I haven't giving him a second thought since restricting him until I read this thread. When I see him now its a very quick hi how are ya and that's it. He has zero control over me, I just could not be arsed dealing with any drama over it. I'm happy with the way I've dealt with it.
These users thanked the author Raving for the post (total 2):
DeiseDazedandConfused

DiscoGirl

#64 Post by DiscoGirl »

Raving wrote:
CountryChic wrote:Raving I can totally understand why you are dealing with it the way you are , you are giving him control ,and he knows this
I have no idea what this means? What control does he have?
I haven't giving him a second thought since restricting him until I read this thread. When I see him now its a very quick hi how are ya and that's it. He has zero control over me, I just could not be arsed dealing with any drama over it. I'm happy with the way I've dealt with it.

Because I know he'd ask me about it publicly and I don't feel comfortable talking about it in front of people.He also has a big mouth so if I said anything to him privately I know well half the village would hear about it.
This to me is him having control
These users thanked the author DiscoGirl for the post:
amber

Starryeyedsurprise

#65 Post by Starryeyedsurprise »

I think suggesting Raving's FB guy has control is slightly dramatic. She doesn't seem to give a toss. FB is littered with gobshites like him. Way too much time online.

apache

#66 Post by apache »

It is controlling behaviour though. He’s relying on Raving’s reluctance to cause a scene to continue with inappropriate online behaviour. You can bet he wouldn’t be as attentive/over powering if he was doing it IRL & in front of his community.
These users thanked the author apache for the post:
DiscoGirl

Starryeyedsurprise

#67 Post by Starryeyedsurprise »

To me, it seems Raving isn't bothered about it.

I have one or two idiots like this on my FB page and it just doesn't bother me but that's me.

Raving

#68 Post by Raving »

He's not continuing with me though, he can't. I think restricting him is taking away his oxygen, he is looking for a reaction. I don't feel the slightest bit controlled, I think he's an eegit. It's within my control to delete him or say something to him but as I said, I don't want to do that- that's my decision, I couldn't give a shite what he thinks about it. I just simply don't want him commenting and seeing my FB account anymore.
FWIW facebook is about as public as you can get- everyone can see what he is posting and commenting. We all know each other, I live in a tiny community.
Anyway jesus I have spent more time explaining myself here over a decision I am happy with!
These users thanked the author Raving for the post:
Apple

Apple

#69 Post by Apple »

Raving wrote:He's not continuing with me though, he can't. I think restricting him is taking away his oxygen, he is looking for a reaction. I don't feel the slightest bit controlled, I think he's an eegit. It's within my control to delete him or say something to him but as I said, I don't want to do that- that's my decision, I couldn't give a shite what he thinks about it. I just simply don't want him commenting and seeing my FB account anymore.
FWIW facebook is about as public as you can get- everyone can see what he is posting and commenting. We all know each other, I live in a tiny community.
Anyway jesus I have spent more time explaining myself here over a decision I am happy with!
Such a sensible way to deal with it and think about it imo.

Deise

#70 Post by Deise »

He sounds like a loudmouth eejit to me, not controlling.

DiscoGirl

#71 Post by DiscoGirl »

amber wrote:Lol raving you have more hassle from HM than yer man.
Some people are just idiots. Chances are everyone knows he’s an idiot.
No hassle from what I can see

CLBG

#72 Post by CLBG »

To the OP, I'd definitely feel put out by your dh's behaviour, esp that comment about her photo appearing in his feed. It's very disrespectful to you.

Posher

#73 Post by Posher »

CLBG wrote:To the OP, I'd definitely feel put out by your dh's behaviour, esp that comment about her photo appearing in his feed. It's very disrespectful to you.
Maybe her DH is Raving's 'commenter and follower'. :lookaround: :lol:

DazedandConfused

#74 Post by DazedandConfused »

Posher wrote:
CLBG wrote:To the OP, I'd definitely feel put out by your dh's behaviour, esp that comment about her photo appearing in his feed. It's very disrespectful to you.
Maybe her DH is Raving's 'commenter and follower'. :lookaround: :lol:

That would be so funny! At least she said his wife is lovely.

Starryeyedsurprise

#75 Post by Starryeyedsurprise »

This is the worst of it IMO. The constant liking may be just habitual. I like stuff all the time on FB without actually thinking about it :biggrin:

OP, your DH has a crush on this girl. Also the fact that I appears to be going on a while, is concerning.

Return to “Advice/Anon”