My hubby's online behaviour

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Strangeone
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My hubby's online behaviour

#1 Post by Strangeone »

Hi all..regular going anon.

Okay, you may think I am being a little ott and this is no big deal but here goes. My dh is 45, we have two teenage boys. Things are good for the most part.! He is big into his social media, me, not so much. He has a FB and an Instagram account. I was having some down time the over eve and was browsing through friends social media, Instagram and FB. Was looking at my hubby and I noticed that he constantly "likes" and comments on a particular friend. She is 35, married with 3 small kiddies. I know her. Her and hubby worked together around 5/6 years ago. She is nice and an absolutely stunning looking girl :shock: . Anyway, EVERY single post and picture, my hubby has liked and commented. One photo in particular was her in a skimpy swimsuit with her little kids on the beach and my hubby liked and commented "beautiful" :stern: Another one was a pic of her with a male friend. She said something like "me and ?????, the nicest man I have ever met".....my hubby comments "What about me"????

I have noticed that he doesn't like/comment any photos with this girl and her hubby :lookaround: .

Okay, reading back, I sound a bit nuts but I think some of his behaviour is a little odd. Granted, I am not big into social media at all..not my bag, maybe this is normal???
honeybun

Re: My hubby's online behaviour

#2 Post by honeybun »

Like amber said I wouldn't like dh doing this and I'd say it would be the other way around aswell.
Unnamed poster 7

#3 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
purple pixie

#4 Post by purple pixie »

I wouldn't like this either, very disrespectful.
Starryeyedsurprise

#5 Post by Starryeyedsurprise »

It's a bit odd OP. My hubby is completely daft when it comes to social media. Has only recently joined FB :) but really can't see him doing something like this, for fear of being seen as a creep :lookaround:
Angel

#6 Post by Angel »

My husband has no social media but if that happened here I’d go mad. I wouldn’t dream of commenting like that on a male friends Instagram. Liking the photos wouldn’t bother me so much because the more you like the more someone’s stuff comes up. It’s disrespectful to you even if it’s innocent
Betty27

#7 Post by Betty27 »

It would bother me too. In fact I was in your position before. It’s not nice seeing that and knowing it’s there for anyone else to see too. Very very disrespectful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Angel

#8 Post by Angel »

Also it’s not normal. If I saw my friends husband comment like that I wouldn’t class it as normal
On social media
StarryNight

#9 Post by StarryNight »

Angel wrote:Also it’s not normal. If I saw my friends husband comment like that I wouldn’t class it as normal
On social media
This. I don't see this with any of DH's friends, even the single ones, or friends' husbands. Who has the inclination for that type of silliness once you're not a teenager any more?
Jenna

#10 Post by Jenna »

You are not being ott. That's weird and inappropriate.
Aileen1

#11 Post by Aileen1 »

I’d have to say it to him, i certainly wouldn’t like it
purple star

#12 Post by purple star »

Yep it's weird. I wouldn't be able to not say it either.
Rita

#13 Post by Rita »

Maybe he doesn't understand appropriate social media behaviour and thinks he is being nice/funny. Does he comment on anyone else's? Does she reply (maybe he likes the attention)

Personally it would make me very uncomfortable and I would have to ask him about it.
rosepetal

#14 Post by rosepetal »

I wouldn't like that at all and would definitely say it to him! It's very disrespectful.
Unnamed poster5

#15 Post by Unnamed poster5 »

Would not be in the least impressed. Very disrespectful to you and your marriage.

Return to “Advice/Anon”