Kicking starting sex life

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Guest 18
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Kicking starting sex life

#1 Post by Guest 18 »

Am a regular but feel better going anon for this one. Have posted about my difficult marriage before. We have both agreed to make a go of things. We have been getting on a lot better the past year. I had a few health issues and hubby was there for me.

Obviously sex was off the cards and has been for quite a while. It I said actually two years since we're had sex. We are both keen to get that part of our relationship back on track but we have sort of got into a rut of being friends / companions !!

Sounds mad but I really don't know where to start to get this back on track. I'm no prude at all but I even feel have a conversation with my hubby about this quite awkward :stern:
Shivvy

Re: Kicking starting sex life

#2 Post by Shivvy »

You don't need to have a conversation as such. Suggest a "date night" at home. Have a nice Dinner, candles etc. See does it relax both of you enough. Be touchy/feely with him. See what it leads to.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Mammyof2

#3 Post by Mammyof2 »

I'm no expert, but would you try dating again? Get dressed up, go out for dinner and drinks, remember what it is you fell in love with in the first place and then see what happens naturally. No pressure or expectation.
mrs-whippy

#4 Post by mrs-whippy »

Get away for a night if you can. Drink loads of wine.

Once the first time is over with it should be easier.

Sent from my HTC_M10h using Tapatalk
DiscoGirl

#5 Post by DiscoGirl »

I would say start by spending quality time together , nice walk in the park/beach ,holding hands and just chatting about nothing in particular ,if you can either go away for a night or two( no kids) if not see if you can get somebody to take them for a night, maybe get a takeaway ,run a nice bath and relax, don't put pressure on yourself and don't drink too much ,take things slow, and communicate , best of luck!
janeymac

#6 Post by janeymac »

I'd think maybe if you've got into a routine of cosy friends at home, then a night or a weekend away alone together with a change of scenery and routine might help. Going away together, something nice to wear and having time to get ready to get dressed up and go out I think gives a bit of excitement.
I smiled at Mrs Whippy's advice to drink lots of wine but alcohol definitely relaxes and loosens the inhibitions so worth having a few!
Deise

#7 Post by Deise »

I'd be going to Nikes advice on this one. You'll build it up into something bigger otherwise. Maybe have a conversation about it before going on to the red writing! :snog:

These users thanked the author Deise for the post (total 2):
Scorpioangelika
Guest 18

#8 Post by Guest 18 »

Thanks guys :D . I'm in Counselling at the moment so I'm kind of sick of talking :)

It's odd, it's like there is an invisible barrier there. :/
Busybee

#9 Post by Busybee »

Personally I'd just do it. Tonight. Be done. Don't build it up in to something huge.
These users thanked the author Busybee for the post (total 2):
ScorpioDeise
Scorpio

#10 Post by Scorpio »

Big time. While setting the scene is romantic, I think it will add even more pressure to you. Just do it. A quickie.
Angel

#11 Post by Angel »

Just do it as everyone else says. Tell him you’re going to try and see how it goes. Keep it light.
Apple

#12 Post by Apple »

I agree that a planned night can be pressurising. Go to bed at the same time tonight and get the job done!
Jazzberry

#13 Post by Jazzberry »

Do you all have to have a happy ending?, or are you's happy with a quickie? Just curious. Been along time since I've been intimate with my husband. Days just run into weeks.
Guest 18

#14 Post by Guest 18 »

Thanks again :biggrin: nothing happened last night. Busy house :/ you know yourself.

Jazzberry, I think I'd always like to have a happy ending. Might feel hard done by if not. Mind you, it's been so long !!
Busybee

#15 Post by Busybee »

Well guest I hope you took the plunge xx

Return to “Advice/Anon”