Dd14 out of control,just pushing boundaries or in need of he

This is a public forum allowing posting as a guest.
Shining

Re: Dd14 out of control,just pushing boundaries or in need of he

#106 Post by Shining »

Hope you are doing ok Applejam. It's horrible, isn't it? There is lots of great advice here. I wish I could advise but as you can clearly see I need help myself.
I'm dipping in and out of Heymammy as a distraction, a bit of light relief so I'm sorry I haven't been updating. I'm just not up to it. I'm really just going through the motions here, trying to keep things on an even keel.
I'm aware and have read PMs and I'm sorry, I'm just not in a space to respond properly. I'm just so numb...I can't explain it. Thank you everyone; it truly means so much to me ❤. I'm sorry I'm just not able really think.
I had a phone chat with a friend earlier which is the first person I confided in.
My daughter is here; it was suggested if I could send her to a family member but my family is very small so I don't. The meeting for a plan of action is Monday and I'm lucky in one sense that we're not unknown to agencies so it has made things quicker. O have an emergency plan too if it escalates.
I feel horrible for thinking the way I have. Thank you to posters who pointed out to keep the child separate from the abuse. I struggle with this. But I can see she is hurting and needs help. She needs help is the bottom line I'm trying to drill into me.
Please bear with me. I don't want any poster to think I'm ignoring them (even though it looks like it)...I'm just at my limit for dealing with it in my head...I can't explain it.
I so so so very much appreciate all your support; its a real lifeline. Advice, tips, sharing your experience, it means so much. It also helps me break the shame: sounds silly I know.
Thank you all.
These users thanked the author Shining for the post (total 25):
MaudGonneRubyTuesdayNewSallytippexileApplejamKemmy and 19 more users

mcmammy2

#107 Post by mcmammy2 »

No it doesn't sound silly at all. The stress and anxiety caused by something like this can make even basic tasks tough. Mind yourself take breaks where you can and remember there are so many people out there who do care and others who will help.

Unnamed poster 7

#108 Post by Unnamed poster 7 »

Post Deleted
Last edited by Unnamed poster 7 on Tue Feb 01, 2022 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CocoRose

#109 Post by CocoRose »

100% we can all understand that the energy involved in updates/replies is a lot when you are already overwhelmed. don't let HM be more pressure, just know that we are all thinking of you and hoping for a good outcome soon x

ID1OT

#110 Post by ID1OT »

If I could reach into the screen and give you a hug I would hold you tight.

Thinking of you.
These users thanked the author ID1OT for the post (total 2):
SarahBCGroucho

Juney
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#111 Post by Juney »

I totally understand. I'm sick of talking about dd. She has taken to screaming at me at the top of her voice if I question her about anything. I've never heard a screech like it. The bedroom windows are always open and I know the neighbours can hear. Im mortified.

I really need to try keep my cool when she does it. I hate people shouting and screaming 😱

Woolly

#112 Post by Woolly »

Have survived trauma and using here as my offload during the time I don’t think anyone expects you to be replying. Your mental space is just taken over by this and you are in fight or flight mode Ive no doubt.

We are here when you need us so dig in and out as you can. Vent away as a space with no judgement and look there could be another poster reading that takes the advice given by so many snd it will help them.

Best of luck with all the plans. Keep safe and well and just survive really for the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Woolly for the post (total 11):
RadarNDMDeiseNovbaby31GrouchoPoppy and 5 more users

mommaoftwo
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

#113 Post by mommaoftwo »

Bumping this old thread.

We are struggling with DS14 at the moment, school refusal, verbally aggressive, on a waiting list for CAMHS and have to apply for an assessment of need from HSE. The poor behaviour is sporadic but biggest issue is emotional regulation and struggling social skills.

Things have calmed a little but we have enrolled to do the NVR course (phone) suggested on this thread to help us get things back on track..

Just wondering how the teens on this thread are doing…such heartbreaking stories for the mammys.

Return to “Advice/Anon”